Economy 10

Options
I installed storage heaters in my flat three years ago and at that time I was on an Economy 7 meter. Two years ago my meter failed and it was replaced with an Economy 10 by my electricity provider at that time. I wasn't informed that the E7 had been replaced with E10 and just assumed it was an E7 supply, it only became obvious when I changed supplier earlier this year.

Does anyone know if the storage heaters only take charge during the off peak times of E10 or will they take it for the period as if I still have E7- i.e. 7 hours through the night time which includes some peak charge hours.. I have three periods of off peak with my E10 supply of 5 hours through the night and 5 hours at other times of the day/evening.

In addition to this, the previous E7 only supplied the storage heaters so no other appliances could take advantage of the cheaper rate whereas I can get the cheaper rate with the E10 during all off peak times with any appliance.

Grateful for any insight into this.

Comments

• macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The problem with E10 is that only the legacy suppliers tend to support it. So you may find that you have a limited range of suppliers to pick from. Who did you move from and to?
    Yes, the NSH's should charge during all the E10 cheap rate periods.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • JackParker
    Options
    That's great to know macman.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business