Flight Ticket Release Dates - our new guide

Options

Comments

• budgetflyer
    budgetflyer Posts: 5,949 Forumite
    Options
    With the exception of Easyjet, I have found early booking at release normally results in a
    mugging.
  • brian52
    Options
    Thanks Guys for responses to my post. How do I ask MSE to find the definitive answer and include Aer Lingus on its list?
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 31 July 2018 at 10:21PM
    Options
    brian52 wrote: »
    Thanks Guys for responses to my post. How do I ask MSE to find the definitive answer and include Aer Lingus on its list?

Please see https://www.aerlingus.com for your flights. MSE is only interested in batch releases and promotes easyJet, other airlines aren't really interesting to MSE.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • GreySaver
    Options
    Having waited for the great day, November 15th, I tried booking flights from Stansted to Menorca for September 2019 to find Easyjet have no Stansted flights scheduled after the 31st August! They fly from Southend on the Friday but, having already booked a villa, this is not an option.

This only leaves the option of Luton or Gatwick neither of which are really convenient.

Jet2 would like to charge me over £200 from Stansted.

So now its back to Skyscanner with alerts set for next year.

Not Happy.
  • georgehall50
    Options
    Hello helpful people.
    Does anyone know when Jet2 are likely to release their flights from Scotland for Summer 2020.
    Jet2 Customer services don't seem to know:(
  • goforgold58
    Options
    I agree. Don't know about school holidays but we have always booked early for the Algarve. When Monarch failed I quickly looked for other airlines and the cost had come down by over £100.00. I never look back at flight costs, not wise, but this year I left SkyscannerUK on alert and saw yet again 6 weeks before the date they had gone down by £150.00. I did get what was a bargain to us of £306 (included everything except meals), leaving it closer.

Now having to book in school holidays for 2020 but have a feeling that we need to book soon rather than later!
  • brian52
    Options
    Why are Aer LIngus release dates not included? As well as some flights from Belfast you should be aware that many N Ireland residents use Dublin airport.
    Also, you say to be notified of release dates for many airlines you should 'like their facebook page and sign up for email';- surely this should read like the page OR sign up for email ??
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Aer Lingus = 330 days in advance
  • brian52
    Options
    Many thanks Caz3121
  • wackojacko99
    Options
    Any chance of Ryanair releasing 2022 soon due to COVID to get cash in?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback