MSE Collective Npower "Online Fix September 2018" ending soon

Options
wizk1
wizk1 Posts: 911 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary
Since the Npower "Online Fix September 2018" collective tariff is ending soon, I was just curious as to what peoples' plans were to find a suitable replacement. I couldn't find an existing thread regarding this topic.

Have you signed up to a new deal, or are you hanging on for MSE to (hopefully) arrange another collective deal?

I notice that EDF have unveiled their Easy Online Exclusive Sep19 tariff yesterday which is the best I've seen from the big 6.

Comments

• egyptiancotton
    egyptiancotton Posts: 525 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 18 August 2018 at 4:35AM
    Options
    I signed up for EDF's tariff. If a cheaper one comes up soon then I have 14 days to cancel, but for me the last two collective deals haven't been the cheapest.
  • JazzyJ
    JazzyJ Posts: 119 Forumite
    Options
    We have the same deal ending next month. Where did you find the EDF easy online? I have done a search but can't see it and it also doesn't come up when I get a quote directly from EDF.
  • wizk1
    Options
    JazzyJ wrote: »
    We have the same deal ending next month. Where did you find the EDF easy online? I have done a search but can't see it and it also doesn't come up when I get a quote directly from EDF.

It is listed on the MSE cheap energy club as of 17th August.
  • wizk1
    Options
    Very sneaky of EDF to boast £80 cashback on TCB for their October"Easy Online" tariff, only to find that their standing and unit charges are grossly over-inflated compared to the September tariff on CEC.

I worked out (using my spreadsheet) for me, the price difference for energy alone was £110 and that's not even factoring in cashback.

Please do the numbers before committing to anything.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,868 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    For me NPower Broker Exclusive Fix Sept 2019 is coming up £139 cheaper than the EDF Oct 19.
  • Futuristic
    Futuristic Posts: 1,131 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 18 August 2018 at 4:10PM
    Options
    molerat wrote: »
    For me NPower Broker Exclusive Fix Sept 2019 is coming up £139 cheaper than the EDF Oct 19.

Cheaper with a lot worse MSE customer rating (one of the worst?). EDF is probably a better bet going through MSE Sep19 tariff from the energy club.
  • wizk1
    edited 18 August 2018 at 5:02PM
    Options
    molerat wrote: »

How does it compare with the EDF September 19 Fix on the CEC though? The EDF October 19 tariff looks simply awful and not a good deal at all.

For me, the NPower Broker Exclusive Fix Sept 2019 (through Uswitch) works out around £20 more expensive than the EDF tariff (or £45 more expensive if you include the cashback)
  • egyptiancotton
    Options
    For me, npower's Broker Exclusive Fix September 2019 tariff works out £24 more expensive over 12 months than EDF's Easy Online Exclusive Sep19 tariff.
  • Speculator
    Speculator Posts: 2,225 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just switched to EDF's Easy Online Exclusive Sep19 tariff. @ Uswitch via Quidco for £40 cashback.

Cashback tracked instantly.
  • egyptiancotton
    egyptiancotton Posts: 525 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 19 August 2018 at 7:02PM
    Options
    Speculator wrote: »
    Just switched to EDF's Easy Online Exclusive Sep19 tariff. @ Uswitch via Quidco for £40 cashback.

Cashback tracked instantly.

TopCashback currently offering £80.

Edit: Be cautious - I fell into the trap wizk1 mentioned when obtaining a quote - only the Oct 19 tariff is available via TCB.

I initiated my switch via CEC on Friday 17th. If I cancel it and re-apply via uSwitch for the higher cashback rate, would that cause a problem?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure