Can I cancel my order if I paid by Credit Card

Options
Hi I wonder if anyone can help, I ordered a fire costing £1000 from a local shop on Sunday and paid them £250 deposit on my credit card - the balance due on delivery.

I have since discovered I can purchase the same item elsewhere for £500 - is there anyway I can cancel the order? Do I have a cooling off period etc?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Optimist
    Optimist Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    You bought on the traders premises therefore do not get a cooling off period.
    Have a look at the terms and conditions on the agreement you will have signed for cancellation terms
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts."

Bertrand Russell. British author, mathematician, & philosopher (1872 - 1970)
  • pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Why not speak to the local shop, and show them a print out of where you can get the exact same thing cheaper?

Does this cheaper price include VAT, delivery, installation etc...? You'll often find companies claiming to be cheaper add extras on!
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure