First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    One of life's takers
  • Samsung_Note2
    Samsung_Note2 Posts: 774 Forumite
    Options
    pmduk wrote: »
    One of life's takers

:eek: What they take peoples lives...Christ we have a murder in our midst :eek:

Oh come on its Friday for goodness sake.:beer:

OP all you can do is ask the manager above you and take the answer and either accept it or suggest you will look for alternative employment.

Really depends on how much you want that Day off...only you can decide if its worth it,could be a life changer for better who knows.
  • Manxman_in_exile
    Manxman_in_exile Posts: 8,380 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi sangie.

Pleased to see you back . Hope you are well
  • sangie595
    sangie595 Posts: 6,092 Forumite
    Options
    Hi sangie.

Pleased to see you back . Hope you are well
    Probably not for long. Just had my final warning for saying something that was neither abusive nor offensive, but which the OP or someone else didn't like. The terms of what is abusive or offensive on this site are curious - it seems you can get away with abusing people or being offensive, but if someone doesn't like what you say you are screwed.
  • LilElvis
    LilElvis Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    sangie595 wrote: »
    Probably not for long. Just had my final warning for saying something that was neither abusive nor offensive, but which the OP or someone else didn't like. The terms of what is abusive or offensive on this site are curious - it seems you can get away with abusing people or being offensive, but if someone doesn't like what you say you are screwed.

Shame! The lack of any joined up thinking amongst the mods is astounding at times. I think I can make an educated guess as to which particularly charming poster is responsible. It would be a shame to lose you so, hard as it sometimes is, it might be best if you stayed silent on the obviously argumentative/ trolling/ contentious threads until the infraction expires as it would be sad if those genuinely in need of your expertise miss out because the ignorant and mean spirited few hit the report button with relish.

Hope your recovery is on track too!
  • eamon
    eamon Posts: 2,319 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    That would be a shame. Often I may not wholly agree with your stance on a given topic. But I can't fault your directness, not sugar coating, avoidance of confirmation bias and very useful advice/opinions.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sangie, best to make more use of the ignore user function. There are some posters on here for whom your advice is essential.
  • Jojocat
    Jojocat Posts: 47 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    @TELLIT01, sorry for hurting your feelings.................
  • sangie595
    sangie595 Posts: 6,092 Forumite
    edited 8 July 2018 at 1:06PM
    Options
    LilElvis wrote: »
    Shame! The lack of any joined up thinking amongst the mods is astounding at times. I think I can make an educated guess as to which particularly charming poster is responsible. It would be a shame to lose you so, hard as it sometimes is, it might be best if you stayed silent on the obviously argumentative/ trolling/ contentious threads until the infraction expires as it would be sad if those genuinely in need of your expertise miss out because the ignorant and mean spirited few hit the report button with relish.

Hope your recovery is on track too!
    You may not be aware of this, but MSE is worse than employers. Infractions NEVER expire! Hence it is impossible to stay on the right side of the mods unless you never say a thing that someone doesn't like! One of my warnings was for calling a poster who applauded the murder of Jo Cox and called for more MPs to be murdered "scum". That not abuse. It's fact. And given that that particular post had been on the board for TWO WEEKS without being removed by the mods.... And by the way... I'd say it again. Union members get my expertise anyway. If MSE doesn't want it, I'll not be devastated.

And in the union we don't get warnings for calling scum when we see them, nor for telling people unpalatable truths. If someone had brought a situation on themselves or been stupid, they are told so - because the only "defence" is often to tell someone not to bother denying it or to act like an idiot.
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options
    sangie595 wrote: »

Sorry to hear that Sangie - it was only today I thought how toned down your responses were.....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure