Hiring your car out and earning from it?

Options
2»

Comments

• JP1978
    JP1978 Posts: 527 Forumite
    Options
    Who would actually rent out their own car knowing that many people who hire cars generally drive them 'like they stole them' and the phrase 'the fastest car on the road is a hire car' will obviously come from similar..... stay away.
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    JP1978 wrote: »
    Who would actually rent out their own car knowing that many people who hire cars generally drive them 'like they stole them' and the phrase 'the fastest car on the road is a hire car' will obviously come from similar..... stay away.
    I guess the OP's thinking is that it's not his car in the first place then why should he care.

I don't think the OP quite gets the idea though that regardless of whether he's the owner or not he still bears all the legal responsibility of the vehicle whilst it's supposedly in his possession. Also, even if insurance for the driver/hirer is taken into account during this kind of service I'd still bet the OP's own insurer would take issue of him hiring the car out in this way and he could well find his policy invalidated or indeed cancelled.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure