MSE News: Next claims £1 Poundland tights were originally stolen

Options
This is the discussion thread for the following MSE News Story:

"Next, the high street fashion retailer, believes stock stolen from one of its lorries last year is being sold at bargain store Poundland..."

Comments

• JPS29
    JPS29 Posts: 1,607 Forumite
    Options
    I do love this site, genuinely I mean that. It has been a great support for me and also saved me a fortune.

However.....

I really wish it would stop doing the Poundland thing. All that it does is end up getting the said item removed.

First there was the boots creams and now this. End result is that the consumer loses out on what was a good deal. Yes I'm aware of the morals of this as the items "may" be stolen. But take this one item out of the link.. Boots threw their toys out when MSE "outed" their product, many more suppliers companies will do the same.

Just my tuppeneth
  • wizk1
    wizk1 Posts: 911 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 9 June 2010 at 6:54PM
    Options
    Yes MSE. How dare you be the cause of the removal of stolen goods from Poundland's stores. You ought to be ashamed!

Edit --> :p
  • MORPH3US
    MORPH3US Posts: 4,906 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    wizk1 wrote: »
    Yes MSE. How dare you be the cause of the removal of stolen goods from Poundland's stores. You ought to be ashamed!

Thats not what she said at all and you know it.
  • wizk1
    wizk1 Posts: 911 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    MORPH3US wrote: »
    Thats not what she said at all and you know it.
    I know. It was meant to be tongue in cheek, but obviously didn't come across that way. Never mind.
  • MORPH3US
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    wizk1 wrote: »
    I know. It was meant to be tongue in cheek, but obviously didn't come across that way. Never mind.

Fair enough, missed it by a mile.... stick a smiley on next time to give me a clue :p
  • DebtHater
    DebtHater Posts: 1,053 Forumite
    Options
    So is anyone from Poundland going to be done for handling stolen goods?
  • MORPH3US
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    DebtHater wrote: »
    So is anyone from Poundland going to be done for handling stolen goods?

Even the Next representative said that there was no way Poundland could have known they were stolen... so would seem a bit harsh if they did.
  • Sooler
    Sooler Posts: 3,108 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Next weeks Real Life Money Moral Dilemma. :p

Cynthia bought some bargain tights from Poundland after being tipped off by MSE that they were originaly Next stock that sold for £7.
    She bought 10 pairs :D .... bargain!:j
    She's since learnt there is a high possibility they were stolen:eek:. She still has 8 packets not opened, should she return them for a refund so they can be returned to the rightful owner?
  • reformedEffortMaker_2
    Options
    how many pairs of leopard skin tights do you need anyway? especially in june!
  • oakhouse13
    oakhouse13 Posts: 767 Forumite
    Options
    What did Next and Poundland say to you when you contacted them to check the story before it went into MSE's email?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure