Virgin Balance Transfer card

Options
A few weeks ago I applied for a Virgin balance transfer card. I had to send photo ID and then had an email that I was accepted a few days later.
Next I had an email saying the balance transfer hadn't gone through and to contact them. I did this and they said the account was under review.
I received the card in the post a few days later so assumed it was all sorted. I tried to activate it but their website says it can't be done and to contact them. I rang and have been told again it was under review and they couldn't tell me anymore details.

So does anyone know what 'under review' means? I haven't used the card at all but I was definitely accepted and physically have the card in my possession.

Comments

• bengalknights
    bengalknights Posts: 5,021 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It means its pending credit review, you dont have any cifas markings etc on your credit record do you?
  • crazygirl
    crazygirl Posts: 126 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've just checked Experian online and it says I'm not on the cifas register but a couple of months ago I had an unauthorised transaction on my bank account. Is it likely to be related to this?
  • Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh here we go with the CIFAS "marker" posted by people who don't understand CIFAS. Really, take all such suggestions with a very large pinch of salt.

Three possible reasons why they can't immediately verify your details:

(1) You are not on the electoral register;

(2) Your entries on the application form compared with other credit applications are inconsistent:
    http://www.nhunter.co.uk/howitworks/

(3) You have made more than a few credit applications in the last year.

A fourth possible reason is "anything and everything".

In the above cases your appllcation will be referred to a real person for review.

Personally, I was approved for my Virgin Money 24 months BT card immediately and my BT request was processed and approved immediately. But my subsequent Money Transfer request was referred and the next day I received a phone call to verify my bank details and the purpose of the money and it was then approved immediately.

Overall, if you haven't been told your application has been declined then your application hasn't been declined. Sit tight and answer your landline and mobile phone calls.
  • Mr_EB
    Options
    Similar situation here, the guys on the usual number not able to see any information.

Did you get yours sorted at all?.

crazygirl wrote: »
    A few weeks ago I applied for a Virgin balance transfer card. I had to send photo ID and then had an email that I was accepted a few days later.
    Next I had an email saying the balance transfer hadn't gone through and to contact them. I did this and they said the account was under review.
    I received the card in the post a few days later so assumed it was all sorted. I tried to activate it but their website says it can't be done and to contact them. I rang and have been told again it was under review and they couldn't tell me anymore details.

So does anyone know what 'under review' means? I haven't used the card at all but I was definitely accepted and physically have the card in my possession.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure