Multiple searches after 1 application

In Dec I applied for a capitalOne credit repair credit card successfully. Today I had a look over my noddle credit file and have noticed 4 searches by capitalOne.
How do i get this corrected as i am trying to improve my credit score and this sort of thing doesn't help.
Thanks

Comments

• mwarby
    mwarby Posts: 2,048 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Are they all hard searches, or do some mention aml(anti money laundering) or Id checks. It may also be that one is a quotation search(used to avoid hard searching someone unsuitable, aka soft search)
  • They should be different types (ID, AML, Credit) otherwise put a notice of correction in to Capital One
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,793 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    mds303 wrote: »
    In Dec I applied for a capitalOne credit repair credit card successfully. Today I had a look over my noddle credit file and have noticed 4 searches by capitalOne.
    How do i get this corrected as i am trying to improve my credit score and this sort of thing doesn't help.
    Thanks

Please don't fall for the marketing guff of the credit agencies. Your score is entirely made up and nobody but you sees it. The way to improve your credit record is to behave responsibly - pay off the card in full every month and don't have any late payments etc and your credit worthiness will improve. Every lender has their own internal scoring system which you will never see and that is all that matters, not some fictitious number a credit agency generates to encourage you to give them money so they can help you improve the score that they generate
  • mds303
    mds303 Posts: 28 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Ok, thanks guys. How do I put a notice if correction to capital one? Do I call them? Sorry for the silly question. I am quite new to this.
  • Are you likely to want to apply for anything else in next 6 months?
    If not just leave it is my advise - sometimes a correction can cause more problems that it can solve.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,793 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Ok, thanks guys. How do I put a notice if correction to capital one? Do I call them? Sorry for the silly question. I am quite new to this.

Don't bother, seriously, not going to solve anything, some searches after you took a card out is normal. It's not going to make any difference in the long run as you'll be paying the card off in full every month for some time won't you? That'll help improve your credit worthiness, adding a note just makes it look like you don't understand the system
  • mds303
    mds303 Posts: 28 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Good point.
    Thanks
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Dont worry about the credit score, only you can see it.
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    Before you do this and make a fool of yourself address the question that has been asked. As you are aware of the 4 searches then you have access to the full credit report.
    What type of searches are they? Are they all hard searches? How many are stated as having an impact on your score and how many are not. Last time I applied for a credit card there were 2 searches - 1 soft and 1 hard but only the hard search (the actual credit application search) was indicated as having an effect on my score.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure