Tesco new 1.35% rate (including bonus) Internet saver

Options

Comments

• 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    Options
    Mine also now showing 1.35% (on the Tesco Banking App)
  • ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,054 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Yes mine is showing 1.35% now, even my really old ones for DDs are showing 0.55%. Thank you Tesco
  • Mee
    Mee Posts: 1,441 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Saves opening new accounts each time for which I am really grateful. Wonder how long it will take Ford Money etc to raise their IRs.
    Free thinker.:cool:
  • SG27
    SG27 Posts: 2,773 Forumite
    Options
    colsten wrote: »
    If you close an instant access account, you get all the accrued interest credited on the date of closure.

Unless you need to actually spend the interest each month, there is really no logical argument for settling for a lower AER simply because interest is paid monthly.

Yes of course I know its not a bond but I prefer to have to close the account to receive my interest. When the difference in rates is so small I will go for the monthly option.
  • SG27
    SG27 Posts: 2,773 Forumite
    Options
  • ToTo_Man
    ToTo_Man Posts: 126 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Bobblehat wrote: »
    I opened the 1.2% Saver beginning of November ..... put over £9K in on day of opening intending to feed other accounts. It took several attempts to try to move some of it out the day after, before I realised they were all doomed to fail. Tesco via phone said ... "Sorry, it takes 48 hours to fully set up the account you should be able to withdraw funds tomorrow"

It all worked OK after the 48 hours were up ...... literally 48 hours, or as near as, given that an attempt to transfer shortly after 9am on the second day after opening also failed, but worked later in the day. :undecided

Documentation turned up days later.

Having opened my account on 29th November afternoon, it's well past the 48 hour period, yet I am still unable to move funds out of the account. :angry:
  • ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,054 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    They are probably very busy right now, it's a manual action to remove the block. Give them a ring, they usually do it there and then though weekends may be different
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Where are you planning to move your money?
    I'm thinking you might be able to move it to a Tesco current a/c first .. and then out.
    I haven't tried moving mine as I use it to bank 'capital' to feed the RSs, so have been setting up those payments for the early new year,
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,30 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=164 £86 spent!!!
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Katiehound wrote: »
    Where are you planning to move your money?
    I'm thinking you might be able to move it to a Tesco current a/c first .. and then out.
    I haven't tried moving mine as I use it to bank 'capital' to feed the RSs, so have been setting up those payments for the early new year,

Post #28 :)
    EachPenny wrote: »
    If you have a Tesco current account then FP money into the current account and do an internal transfer. The reverse also works. Transfers in and out then become instant.

I've never had a problem with withdrawing money from new accounts, but that might be because I've been with them for some time.
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • Archi_Bald
    Archi_Bald Posts: 9,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    SG27 wrote: »
    It's a bit of a palaver to open a BM account. First deposit has to be by cheque [from the linked account], and they have to post something to you first before you can send them the cheque.

How fast or otherwise are deposits and withdrawals once the account is fully activated?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure