IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

court case this Friday

Options
Fearno
Fearno Posts: 8 Forumite
edited 21 November 2017 at 1:15PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hi All
I am due at court this Friday to fight UK Car Park Management/ Gladstones for a totally unfair parking ticket. The details are as follows
- vehicle parked correctly in visitors space, not outside lines or over 24 hours
- permit obtained from householder and clearly displayed in 13 photos taken by parking enforcement agent)
- ticket issued
- appealed to UKCPM
- appeal rejected stating that the permit was invalid as it was a photocopy and did not have an holographic symbol, letter states that even if the driver did not intentionally breach the conditions it was still an offence.
- Going to court on Friday to fight this as this is totally unreasonable and implies an almost Police state
Comments would be appreciated although full details cant be released until after Friday of course.

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,101 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Have you done your Witness Statement? Have you sent your list of costs. Have you done a Skeleton Argument. Costs and Skelly can be done now.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Bit late to come here - presumably your defence/ws etc have all now been submitted?

Read up on court in #2 of the newbies thread near the top of the forum, to get an understanding of how it will pan out in court - and read up the section on ROA
  • Fearno
    Options
    Hi I have outlined my defence previously to the court as Gladstones wanted a quick decision in writing as they feel that it is an "open and shut case"

I have read the other forums and intend to argue whether the representative has right of audience, if a conflict of interest is occurring and to argue against legal costs that may be awarded. i have not included my costs.

I am not by any stretch of the imagination, a solicitor or similar but believe in fair play and intend to fight this as all the facts i feel are in my favour.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,101 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    i have not included my costs.

As my signature says - get them in.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=73272869&postcount=41
  • Fearno
    Options
    Thanks for that i didn't realise how it mounts up!

Peter
  • Fearno
    Options
    Hi all

Won the case, of course! Awarded £109.00 in expenses. The whole case revolved around the word "Valid" on the signage. It was proven that it did not say " no photocopied permits" or " must have a holographic symbol". So the driver took every action possible to comply, even though he had a lawful reason for parking there. I am looking forward to see the new signs with pictures of a valid permit to compare to in the future lol

Thanks for all the advice

Peter
  • Loadsofchildren123
    Options
    well done! When you've recovered from the glory of your win, would you mind writing a warts and all account for other users? It tends to set minds at rest when people read a blow by blow account of what it was like.
    Although a practising Solicitor, my posts here are NOT legal advice, but are personal opinion based on limited facts provided anonymously by forum users. I accept no liability for the accuracy of any such posts and users are advised that, if they wish to obtain formal legal advice specific to their case, they must seek instruct and pay a solicitor.
  • Fearno
    Options
    Hi all

I will give a full account as soon as I can for the benefit of others

Peter
  • Loadsofchildren123
    Options
    Please include name of judge and court if you can as well, enjoy your moment of glory, I hope you're going out for Friday lunch!
    Although a practising Solicitor, my posts here are NOT legal advice, but are personal opinion based on limited facts provided anonymously by forum users. I accept no liability for the accuracy of any such posts and users are advised that, if they wish to obtain formal legal advice specific to their case, they must seek instruct and pay a solicitor.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,449 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Fearno wrote: »
    Hi all

I will give a full account as soon as I can for the benefit of others

Peter

Well done Peter. :T

A court report would be excellent, reading about court successes does really help to offset the tedium of the constant repetition of answers we are giving, ad nauseam, day after day.

The name of the Judge, his/her court location and who repped for Gs/PPC and how he/she performed, would be great information.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport