Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• Chrisv
    Chrisv Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    davemorton wrote: »
    I thought you wanted to keep your Partially Inverted Refiners Syrup fetish secret? :eek:

:rotfl: but that's treacle ;) :rotfl:
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Chrisv wrote: »

Treacle or golden syrup

Turnip or swede

The debate continues:D
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    shirley999 wrote: »
    Clicking on the link to the MSE newsletter. That person's receipt shows they have used 14 APGs in the one shop so that is a month and a half's worth of legitimate claims. Does he only spend £40 on shopping once every 6 weeks.

It is not a good idea drawing attention to activities like this, particularly if an impression may be given you are not 100% following the t and cs (10 receipts, £100 limit). Arguably he could have got the vouchers from December and January though, so he is likely playing by the rules like we all do :A.

Anon
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    henrik777 wrote: »
    If you are so minded, to continue, then you could use a google document with a live link. Easier to control and could be copied, pasted etc at will. If you decide YOU want to, make sure only you, or anyone you trust, can edit it otherwise some halfwit will probably delete or otherwise destroy it.

Reminiscent of the DTD days.

Thank you - I think I will try it. Gets me doing the M list indefinitely now:(:rotfl:. I now have a document, and a link, and will update the document to finish off the information I have - I will give myself a bit more time now as starting later so it some of it may go out of date by about a week once I finish it (now planned for next weekend) - and then I can try to update as and when after that and whenever I next go out to M. I was going to be missing most of this coming week anyway.

Yes I remember the DTD spreadsheet that was linked to from a thread on here.

Regarding Google documents, this is a learning curve for me and I know absolutely nothing. (I probably know more than what I think actually.) I want to check though - if I post the link, which allows people to view the document, it doesn't allow you to see the creator and details behind the document does it? I just want to make sure that I'm not making my email address public to you all, as that does appear on the top-right of my screen when I'm logged into my Google account and create the document. The link just appears to be the document, but is that how people here would see it? Are people able to use tools from that link to view the document properties (which I don't necessarily want to be viewed if they contain personal information that links to me)?

In addition, the link is for the viewing of the document. It allows people to log into a Google account (presumably their own) to request editing rights (which, I can tell you, you won't ordinarily be getting even if you were cheeky enough to ask me as I don't want people able to edit the document) - but, if someone logs into a Google account and requests editing from "the owner" (that is me) do they then get my Google account details so that they are given my email address or can they see my email address when logging into their Google account to make a request for editing rights, whether or not they actually then go ahead and make the request?

Does the information at the link change to updated information whenever I edit the original document or is it necessary to obtain a new link for that as I go along (in which case I'd leave the link until the end of the updating)?

Elsewhere, I noticed I mentioned a thermometer at £8.50 in my last post, which I won't be able to edit - of course that was from (faulty) memory and was actually £8:rotfl:.
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Chrisv wrote: »

Actually Treacle is our little black cat :)
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    2 thoughts occur - if Mr ML does talk about sada vouchers on national TV then Mr A could tighten the system up again and even more so and then make it unworkable.
    He has a track record of doing this - he brought down the usage of MOCs almost overnight by broadcasting about them to the nation

2ndly - why have some people got an edit button back and what is this about new and old versions of MSE.
    Is it to do with what platform you are working on - mobile or main computer.

Also how exactly do you contact an administrator to get one of your posts deleted and removed? Do you have to email somewhere with the post number and your username? Is this somewhere monitored by a computer or a real human - if its the later then it would be chaos, could take days.

THink I will log off and come back when some sort of normality returns :)

They seem to have been running some updates and the edit button is back :). It may just be bugs/someone pressing the wrong settings rather than a planned change.

... Or maybe they saw our comments and decided it would create too much work them having to edit/delete :D.

HTH

Anon
  • Savvybuyer
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Oh no...the thread has gone all funny. Just as I was about to have a good moan about the edit button. I better shut up.

Savvy...sorry about your Morries lists......there isn’t even a sad face anywhere

No need to apologise - I was just ready to can everything, put the information I'd got aside and now not bother with it, and that's no hard thing on me as the time that's been spent in M had already been spent and I could get on without bothering with any of the rest. Frees up some time I would otherwise be spending on the list, which it now looks like I will be spending again:rotfl::doh:. I think, with the entire previous thread going down before, and with other things over the last decades elsewhere (systems not working properly, systems at companies I am a customer of never being able to do what I want them to do - this is supposed to be 2018 not 1818) I am never disappointed these things but just expect things not to work and/or go down. The loss of the 'edit' button is the final straw that failed to break any back, as I just expect things like this to happen now so it comes as no surprise as, cynic in me, every change always makes things worse. I didn't even get angry or upset about anything - or about the lack of notice. If the website was offline, I couldn't do my list so I couldn't do my list. Final. That's it - can't do it, full stop, the matter is resolved. It's things left hanging in the air that bother me, over the uncertainty, rather than finalities of not being able to do anything at all:rotfl:. So it was just a question of :huh:, shrug shoulder and immediately move on, that's life, it happens.

I think I will try to remove those emoticons from my M list as it seems they just take up space and are a devil to copy over - I did a dummy run with that, from the back-up I now have after the thread disappeared to this thread and my back-up didn't copy the emoticons over properly so required more to put the list back to what it was - but at least not as much as having to type the whole lot out (which fortunately some caches saved me from having to do last time - otherwise I would never have put the list back at all). With the emoticons and everything else, the lists are now 54:eek: pages long - with "hundreds" of new items still to go - which is longer than the printout I had before so it seems I need to reduce the text size in Google documents later as it's just too much.

So, Google documents it is from here on in (at least I won't be losing it if this thread or something on here gets deleted) and there is planned to be a link posted/reposted at convenient points once the list is updated each week or however many weeks it is between my visits - so it will probably be more convenient to find (once the whole thing eventually gets completed, and once any concerns regarding not leaving my personal details on public display are sorted out).
  • Savvybuyer
    Options
    Anon wrote: »
    They seem to have been running some updates and the edit button is back :). It may just be bugs/someone pressing the wrong settings rather than a planned change.

... Or maybe they saw our comments and decided it would create too much work them having to edit/delete :D.

HTH

Anon

(Involuntary very short sigh.) :huh:Now I'm thinking - shall I speak my thoughts folks?:o - "Typical isn't it? You start to do the work somewhere else and then the system comes back working again."

I am moving to Google documents now (not literally now, right this minute but once I start adding to the list, now offline on Google documents away from here) as I can't be interested going back to using this thread only for, potentially, the edit button to disappear again. I don't see the edit button back right yet for me anyway. I am moving the list. The one on here is, I think, still usable at the moment as it is in date as far as I know as far as it goes. Whilst you can't see my progress on any further updating, I'm planning to let you have a copy of the updated list, once finished, via a link to the document on Google. I will be updating it away and come back with it once it's finished (probably towards the end of this week).
  • Savvybuyer
    Options
    Yes, the edit is back, I could do it here or I could do it on Google docs. Undecided now:rotfl:.
    I've changed my mind - I will go back to updating the list on page 18 here, although it's now a day behind my original plan (which doesn't matter too much as I wasn't able to do a price collection this Wednesday anyway so don't have any time limit to do the list by but it does mean the information takes longer before it is now here).

You can still answer my questions about Google docs though, as reference for the future or in case I later decide to move the lists to there on a different week's collection or so.

Again, I am concentrating on what is now last week's information and will be updating that over the next half week or so with the proviso that anything already expired or noticed to have been changed between now and then obviously I won't put out-of-date information onto the list (although anything already there now may go out of date and will not necessarily be changed until I can next do it properly). So, we are now back in the same situation after the previous check of about three weeks before, when then got updated later and trying to use online in the period immediately before last Wednesday only for lots of things to change again on that day.

It's a rolling process - I will get round to changing items again and trying to keep the list up-to-date.
  • aau1
    aau1 Posts: 19,401 Forumite
    Options
    zippydooda wrote: »
    well with aau's absence the morecambe and wise duo is out the window

:wave:

I'm still dipping in and out
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is [strike]the word[/strike] a moorhen
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure