Mental Health and Debt: Mental Health Workers & Others Feedback Needed

Options
fermi
fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
I thought I would just point out this thread from Martin on the main DFW board.

Link: Mental Health and Debt: Mental Health Workers & Others Feedback Needed
MSE_Martin wrote: »
Mental Health Workers & Others

We're are in the midst of producing a free guide to dealing with debt and mental health. The problem is vast, a disproportionate number of those with mental health problems are in debt. A disproportionate number of this in debt crisis have mental health problems.

The guide is to be written to help and provide guidance for the individuals themselves and families and carers.

What help is needed.

We're already working with mental health charities, yet I wanted some on the ground feedback to go towards this important guide. So if you've any tips, feedback, way you operate, and nice anecdotes that explain the situation. That would really help us produce and easy read.

This can be both mental health caseworkers or others with experience of the problems.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Please CLICK REPLY to add to this.

Martin

PS. Read the latest blog on the progress of the guide .

Please use Martin's thread linked to here to reply.
Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed

Comments

• fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Airwolf1 wrote: »
    With this, if people do have a mental health problem, it is important that the creditor is made aware of the situation as soon as possible too, we used to show leniency when we were made aware of similar situations. We also tried to obtain details of someone we could contact (assuming the person with the debt has given permission to speak with them) in case there were any problems with payments etc.

I'll move that reply to Martin's thread so that the site team can keep track of all the replies. :)
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure