Selling your soul to the devil

Options

Comments

• Moneybot
    Moneybot Posts: 10,465 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Mentioning a miscarriage to win a bottle of Bourbon. How is that a romantic comment?
    Rational judgement, now, at this very moment.

Virtuous action, now, at this very moment.
    (Wisdom, Courage, Self-control, Justice)

Willing acceptance - now, at this very moment - of what you can’t change
  • mansey
    mansey Posts: 4,584 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Moneybot wrote: »
    Mentioning a miscarriage to win a bottle of Bourbon. How is that a romantic comment?

Why even mention things like that on FB? :(
    “I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.” - Billy Joel
    C2W........718/1000......FB...........526/1000
    IG...........667/1000......MD..........652/1000
    2020 January Challenge
    Simply Media 423/1000
    Winning Moments 85/1000
  • ThreeWishes
    Options
    Have to say I thought the Dalmation has spots comment really funny :rotfl:

But haven't seen the bended knee man...... Judging from the above comments not sure how I've missed it. Keeping a look out now tho :eek:

I take it back, I've just seen half a dozen entries from both 'mum and dad' in quick succession.... bet it'll be like having a new car, suddenly you see them everywhere :rotfl::rotfl:
  • GeeBee38
    GeeBee38 Posts: 3,230 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    cagsd wrote: »
    The woman with the son on bended knee has now gone one further and is posting EVERYWHERE that it's her son's birthday on Valentines Day. I have literally seen a dozen posts in my fb feed just now where she mentions this in all of them! ������

Am i the only person who has not seen the bended knee man, can someone send me a link to see please ?
  • PeggyM37
    Options
    GeeBee38 wrote: »
    Am i the only person who has not seen the bended knee man, can someone send me a link to see please ?

I haven't either. Someone has to post a link! :rotfl:
    2017 wins: Jan : 50p Quidco, Microwaveable soup mug and can of soup (Tesco). Feb: 50p Quidco. The Stranger in the Woods: The Extraordinary Story of the Last True Hermit (Goodreads), Evoshave, Wilkinson Hydro 5 Razor, Microwaveable soup mug and can of soup (Asda) :j
  • Skilos
    Skilos Posts: 1,329 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
  • Gigervamp
    Gigervamp Posts: 6,583 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    This thread's great!
    I noticed the proposing son photo is also used on a Spabreaks FB comp, and his wife has entered too, although she didn't post a pic.
  • JesElis
    Options
    It started to miff me the amount of times I saw the same posts pop up so I blocked the person who cuts and pastes the exact same text for every comp in which they state they have 'dreamed' of winning said prize, regardless of what it is. :doh:

That, plus I know I shouldn't be overly cynical, but often when I see duplicated posts over & over it just makes me think perhaps people don't actually want to win the specific prize, but rather they seem to just enter almost en-masse for absolutely anything going and use the same pre-written, often crawly comment (complete with the same spelling errors :rotfl: ) sometimes to the point they have clearly not read the comp requirements and do not give a relevant answer :undecided Too wrapped up in faux fawning maybe?

Ahh well, we all have our own quirks that likely irritate others, eh? ;)
  • wonderwallet
    Options
    The woman with the son on bended knee is back today with a new 'official engagement photo' :o Still wanting to win whatever it is for her son's wedding, roll on March and with any luck he'll persuade her to stay there with them! :rotfl:
  • grannybiker
    grannybiker Posts: 12,128 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Y'know those gushing, emoji-ridden begging posts?
    What really pees the posters of them off is if folk C&P them....
    Worse things will have happened in the world today...
    "The only thing that really matters, it to love and to be loved."
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport