IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

NCP NTK - Company Car

Options
2»

Comments

• budg13
    budg13 Posts: 37 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hey look,

Sorry, but I did read it. I see what you're saying, but I was confused about some parts.

Thanks to Edna Basher for the template appeal for when it's a Hire/company/lease car and a postal Notice has been sent out, after the hirer/lessee/company car user has been named.

I wasn't named, so haven't used that particular template. I had to heavily edit my OP, which is the confusing part, so apologies for that.

I always feel I need to apologise for my ignorance when posting here.

INB4 - read the threads, it's really simple and really obvious etc etc.

I'm a reasonably intelligent person, but am clueless when it comes to this legislation. Perhaps it's less complicated than it seems.

Appreciate all the help given here, always, i truly do. But for some reason can never get my head around the responses sometimes.

See misunderstanding of template etc above :(
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 19 February 2019 at 6:48PM
    Options
    the legislation was passed over 6 years ago, even parking companies and private companies do not follow it (its not mandatory)

your company should have named you as lessee and passed on a copy of the legal docs (hire docs) to the parking company, who in turn should have supplied them to you as day to day keeper (hirer or lessee) as well as an NTH in your own name

you were being advised to do this task on behalf of your company in order to get an NTH in your own name at your own address, along with the hire docs (except you wont have received any hire docs because this part of the legislation is rarely complied with, you yourself failed to do it in your appeal as keeper)

these company vehicles and hire vehicles are more complicated which is why edna basher (an expert member on here due to their day job as a FLEET MANAGER) has written specifically about it and has their own links etc

dont blame us for how complicated it is, I am not sure that most of us understand it either, BUT YOU DID ASK !

understanding the issues for company vehicles is a part of your job (not ours) when signing for a lease or hire vehicle, be it speeding tickets, parking charge notices on public roads, MSA,s , private parking charge notices etc, because you are not the owner and also are not the registered keeper either

hence why you were being told to ensure that this was done as if the company had done it (your lazy FLEET MANAGER should have done it as its his or her job to do so in order to comply with the legislation), in order that YOU get an NTH in your own name at your address, without giving away who was driving

this is all a part of the contract that you have taken onboard when driving a company vehicle (its the small print, and all the legislation tghat you comply with or suffer the consequences of not complying with it, be it speeding on a motorway OR parking on private land, or at airports or train stations or ports)

the earlier blue text template is usually for the people who get a parking charge notice in their own name due to them being the RK or owner, this is not you and never was you
  • budg13
    Options
    Hey, sorry, again, I am not blaming anyone for how complicated it is to me. Trust me, apologies if that's how it's coming across.

So, moving forward - I've posted verbatim what I have written to NCP in my appeal.

Any idea where that might stand me at all?

Again, appreciate anyone trying to help.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 19 February 2019 at 7:07PM
    Options
    depends on what NCP do now

you are hoping that they will look at your keeper appeal and send you an NTH, in which case you appeal it as a lessee (and they would not have sent the hire docs)

they may just refuse the appeal and send YOU a popla code as keeper, in which case you appeal as hirer/lessee to popla

its wait and see now , so in the meantime educate your FLEET MANAGER in what they should have done over 6 years after the legislation was passed (no excuse)

this template should have been adapted and used by you as hirer/lessee, which was linked at the bottom of post #1 of that NEWBIES thread

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=69859059#post69859059

the hint was posted higher up in that same post
    Q - ''My vehicle is lease/hired/company car and I'm not the registered keeper. Is the advice different?''

A - YES, PLEASE SEE THE SECTION ABOUT LEASE/HIRE/COMPANY CARS AT THE FOOT OF THIS POST*
  • budg13
    Options
    Thank you again, that is very helpful.

I think my main confusion is with the fact that I posted the template that I was going to submit, then was just advised to get them writing to me.

It's an oversight on my part, but I thought I was keeping the template and then just changing the name and correspondence away from my company.

I understand my error now, so thanks for clarifying.
  • budg13
    Options
    Yeah, got this one cancelled.

Thanks again for all the help, guys.

"Blah, blah... having considered the content of your letter, this notice has been cancelled."

:beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport