Change of circumstance backdated?

My Husband has been claiming PIP for around 2 years now, he receives the standard level for both care and mobility, his condition got worse, as well as getting a new condition so in July 2019 he rang PIP to let them know, they sent out all the form and what have you.

He finally got a home visit in December for his assessment ( he didn't ask for a home visit they just decided to do one) He got a letter 3 weeks after the assessment to say they had received the report and would inform him of the outcome in due course.

If they change his award to the enhanced rate of both components will he get the difference in the rates in back pay, I mean he gets £58.70 living and £23.20 mobility now, so if they give him the enhanced rate of £87.65 and £61.20 will he get £28.95 and £38 which is the difference between the two rates, back dated to July when he applied?

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,928 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    blackcat11 wrote: »
    My Husband has been claiming PIP for around 2 years now, he receives the standard level for both care and mobility, his condition got worse, as well as getting a new condition so in July 2019 he rang PIP to let them know, they sent out all the form and what have you.

He finally got a home visit in December for his assessment ( he didn't ask for a home visit they just decided to do one) He got a letter 3 weeks after the assessment to say they had received the report and would inform him of the outcome in due course.

If they change his award to the enhanced rate of both components will he get the difference in the rates in back pay, I mean he gets £58.70 living and £23.20 mobility now, so if they give him the enhanced rate of £87.65 and £61.20 will he get £28.95 and £38 which is the difference between the two rates, back dated to July when he applied?
    Yes, when reporting a change of circumstances for PIP, if awarded a higher rate then the difference is backdated.

As the report has now been returned to DWP you can ring to request a copy to be sent to you. This will give him some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.
  • thankyou for your reply
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport