Party Wall - Notting Hill Genesis

Options
Just submitted my planning application - one of the house adjacent to me is owned by Notting Hill Genesis. I have talked to the lady who is in charge of that house and she has been really helpful in the past.

Before of informing her of my planning application and then sending her a party wall notice I was wondering if anyone dealt with them in the past? Wondering what their policy is regarding to party wall work. Obviously from my point of view I am trying to minimise costs to a maximum so not looking to appoint a multitude of surveyors.

Comments

• ComicGeek
    ComicGeek Posts: 1,539 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    They will have their own party wall surveyor that you will have to pay for. They are a business, they won't do anything informally or on the cheap. You will need to budget for it, it won't be cheap!.
  • zaqxsw
    zaqxsw Posts: 31 Forumite
    Options
    I agree with the above. If you are looking to minimise costs, you can ask that their surveyor acts as the 'agreed surveyor'. That way you wont have to appoint your own, so it should in theory work out to be half the price. They shouldn't really refuse your request,
  • pels
    Options
    Hi Disjoint, we are in the same situation. We are now drafting the party wall notice, but could not figure out what address and and who to address the letter. It would great if you could let us know your experience so far with the NHG. Have they come back with their surveyor or accepted your notice straight away?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure