Is my PPI refund calculation correct?

Options
2»

Comments

• brown1950
    brown1950 Posts: 264 Forumite
    edited 26 January 2020 at 2:31AM
    Options
    Or you could replace the the relevant figures in this explanation if you really think it's wrong.

PPI compensation was originally supposed to put you back in a position if PPI charges had not been applied.
    So can the so called experts who have been on this forum daily for the last 5 years explain why if the
    credit card companies charged monthly COMPOUND interest then please explain why PPI refund
    calculations do not include COMPOUND interest ?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    brown1950 wrote: »
    please explain why PPI refund calculations do not include COMPOUND interest ?
    Explained to you several times already over the years, most recently on this thread from July 2019..
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=76085723
  • Bermonia
    Bermonia Posts: 977 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    The calculation of redress of PPI on credit cards is a defined process - which has been made clear by the ombudsman on numerous occasions as certainly used to be available on their website.

Furthermore, this has been explained over and over with you before... like a number of other FACTS that you simply are unable accept, or perhaps fail to be able to grasp
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,507 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    brown1950 wrote: »
    Would be nice however if somebody with the 'knowledge' could provide a proper answer to my question ?

Tell you what, go do some research and tell us why we're wrong and you're right. That should keep you out of trouble for a bit.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure