We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Recommended Seed Suppliers

Options
2»

Comments

• -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,504 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    What Franchi seeds do you recommend? Out in Italy in January and plan on getting borlottis but as they're cheaper (and more generous) over there thought I'd try a few other varieties. I'm in the south of England so that helps a bit on the tenderness front.

The seeds are a LOT cheaper in Italy, I paid 99 cents for each packet I bought recently. I woud recommend buying whatever you like, or something you want to try. The amount of seeds in each packets is a lot compared to what you get here.

I bought some scorzonera to try this year [ I keep putting them in my online basket usually, then deleting], some bitter leaves/lettuce and a different variety of celery that's usually used in soups there and some other stuff.
    I usually buy their cucumber seeds and their zucchini seeds, and I know I have rocket somewhere in my pile of seeds...And heir flat leaf parsley, but I am not great at growing that...
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure