Switching from Virgin Media without a new line

Options
13»

Comments

• newborough
    Options
    Switching from VM to Plusnet I am forced to pay Openreach £50 for a reconnection even though I had a dummy dial tone on my old BT Socket. Virgin Media should pay this. Why?
    Virgin Media aren’t compelled to share their network with other ISP’s so in effect makes switching to them a semi cul-de-sac. Come on OFCOM sort this out.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Not going to happen as VM are under no obligation to provide services to all and sundry as OR are.
    You can complain to Ofcom though helps build a case.
  • M.Jukes
    Options
    Be careful in switching as in my case i changed from Virgin Media to a Sky broadband deal. This meant that Openreach were supposed to come out on the 25/09/2019 four days before we went on two week holiday and lay the fibre optic cable.
    Now you need to remember that which ever broadband supplier you use with the exception of Virgin, Openreach will lay the cable.... they have a monopoly on this.
    So the so called Engineer came out he was there about 10mins and said "you need to have a cable laid" but apparently that wasn't his job, someone else will do that and then left. I was at work at the time and my wife handled it. When i came home i rang the Engineer who said they would that the cable could be laid up to the house while we were away and connected to the house when we arrived back. Its now the 21/10/2019 and nothing. I contacted Sky and they say they are waiting for a report from Openreach. I have contacted Openreach who tell me i need to contact Sky so i am going around in a circle. I would accuse Sky of not be very pro-active so the saga continues,
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Normal OR connection does not include Laying a cable .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure