Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.

Charity vouchers

Options
I'm thinking of giving charity vouchers as Christmas presents. I've come across a website called charityvouchers.org that says I can buy vouchers and the recipient specifies which charity gets the donation. I can't find anything online to confirm that this is reputable organisation. Does anyone out there have experience of this website? Thanks

Comments

• Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I don't, but they've been going since 2002 and members of NCVO, so not a flash in the pan.

I have heard of Everyclick, who seem to offer something similar, if that helps! I know the small sums I've raised through using them for searches have reached the charity I've nominated.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • pgl3
    Options
    Thanks, Sue. I know their website says they've been operating since 2002; I just wanted some independent confirmation. It seems odd that I can't find anything online, except links to their own site. After 16 years, I would have expected to find some other references.
  • Savvy_Sue
    Options
    pgl3 wrote: »
    Thanks, Sue. I know their website says they've been operating since 2002; I just wanted some independent confirmation. It seems odd that I can't find anything online, except links to their own site. After 16 years, I would have expected to find some other references.
    Yes, you would, wouldn't you? But I'd say it's good news if there are no negative reviews ... we are more prone to deliver a rant than a rave, aren't we? :rotfl:
  • PDC
    PDC Posts: 805 Forumite
    Options
    There is a mention of them from 2011 here, https://fundraising.co.uk/2011/04/01/farewell-caf-gift-vouchers/

The business running it seems to be Anglia Giving Ltd which has been around since 2002 - https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/04441647/officers

And looks like the website has been there since 2007.

(I must say though from looking at the website I can see why you would question it as it doesn't really look that professional.)
  • Savvy_Sue
    Options
    That's useful PDC. It makes me wonder whether most of us wouldn't prefer to decide which charities our recipients were going to support, rather than giving them that free choice - and there are so many gift vouchers for goats, loos, farms, schools etc etc etc that you can match a donation to a person quite easily.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport