buyer says not received tracking says collected

Options

Comments

• MataNui
    MataNui Posts: 1,075 Forumite
    Options
    khimg wrote: »
    I came home after work to find a set of golf clubs that I had bought online left outside my front door. I checked the PARCELFORCE tracking details and found it had been signed for using my first name only. The driver used my first name from the lable and signed it himself and left the box outside my front door. Anyone could have walked off with it. I phoned Parcelforce and they said they would investigate. I told them forging signature is a criminal offence and if they don't give me a satisfactory reason I will contact the police.
    Has anyone else had this? How common is this?

Its very common. I was waiting for a parcel from Royal Mail a couple of weeks ago. Royal Mail van pulls up outside but nobody comes to the door. A few mins later i see the driver get into the van and drive off. Looked like he went to next door so i popped around to ask. I see my 'signed for' delivery just left in plain view on his doorstep. All the houses are clearly numbered and the label was correct so not only did this retard delivery driver go to the wrong place he left it outside in plain view and forged a signature. Absolute !!!!!!. I made a complaint but i doubt they care. I Hope he loses his job over it.
  • NaughtiusMaximus
    NaughtiusMaximus Posts: 2,832 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    barmonkey wrote: »
    I have never needed any form of ID to collect a standard delivery parcel, only signed for ones.
    soolin wrote: »
    If your mail centre is so blatantly breaking the rules you should seriously consider making a formal complaint. This could seriously back fire on you if anyone at all can collect your post with no card and no proof of ID as that means anything too big for your letter box will basically be at the mercy of anyone at all collecting it and meaning you can't win an INR.

I took barmonkey's message to mean he/she has never been asked for a driving licence, passport, bank statement etc but does still need to show the missed delivery card to collect. This is the case whenever I collect anything, although the card does say additional ID is required I've never been asked either.
  • NaughtiusMaximus
    NaughtiusMaximus Posts: 2,832 Forumite
    edited 22 May 2018 at 10:36AM
    Options
    RFW wrote: »
    I recently had a parcel that was signed as collected (it wasn't RM, but no reason it couldn't happen with them). I had no idea it had gone to the wrong place until I was contacted by the person who had collected it. He was collecting one parcel and they accidentally gave him two, no similarities on address or name, the boxes must have been next to each other.
    Thankfully the box was dropped off at the right place but no thanks to the courier.

Anyway just a point that it's always possible that a buyer is telling the truth and in such cases I always assume that the buyer is truthful until I have reason to believe otherwise.

Exact same thing happened to us just before christmas, although in our case we were on the other side of the situation. My GF signed for a few parcels, it was only after the delivery person (think it was RM but not sure) had gone that she noticed one of the parcels wasn't for us. It wasn't even our street, the correct address was a 5 minute walk away.

Another Royal Mail balls up is the re-direction we set up when we moved last year, one of our old neighbours had the same surname and we constantly received mail addressed to them.
  • lstar337
    lstar337 Posts: 3,442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hopefully your mail centre is the only one that breaches the rules
    I collected a parcel from my local SO a few years back and they never asked to see ID, in spite of it being stated as a requirement on the card through the door. :(
  • 19lottie82
    19lottie82 Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My SO doesn’t require ID as long as you have the card. If you’ve lost the card then you need to show ID for the item.
  • ThinkingOfLinking
    ThinkingOfLinking Posts: 11,828 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    My local DO has signs up stating that they cannot give parcels out without the red card, which is a shame because I work away sometimes and where I used to live, I would pop into the DO on my way home from work, knowing there was something there, and be able to collect it sans red card. I'd have to provide ID as per usual of course though.
  • Carrot007
    Carrot007 Posts: 4,534 Forumite
    Options
    My local DO has signs up stating that they cannot give parcels out without the red card, which is a shame because I work away sometimes and where I used to live, I would pop into the DO on my way home from work, knowing there was something there, and be able to collect it sans red card. I'd have to provide ID as per usual of course though.

You finish work before 11am? That's when my local office closes?

And I think most either require ID or the card. I'm sure ID would work for you if it is open when you finish work.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,207 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Carrot007 wrote: »

And I think most either require ID or the card. I'm sure ID would work for you if it is open when you finish work.

My mail centre closes at 7.15pm weekdays :) if yours closes at 11am that's a heck of a large regional difference.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,835 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    My mail centre closes at 7.15pm weekdays :) if yours closes at 11am that's a heck of a large regional difference.

Ours closes at 2pm Mon-Sat apart from Wednesdays when it's open until 8pm
  • ThinkingOfLinking
    ThinkingOfLinking Posts: 11,828 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Carrot007 wrote: »

I do some night shifts so sometimes I actually do finish work at 7/8AM but my former DO had great opening hours, even opening for a few hours on a Sunday. My new local one isn't as good for opening hours, closing at lunchtime apart from Wednesdays.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure