How to store music on Apple watch?

Options
Is there any way to listen to music on an Apple watch without an iPhone?

I have music files in the Readdle Documents app on an iPhone but can't find a method of transferring them on to the Apple Watch.

I don't subscribe to Spotify or Apple music, both of which can be added to the inbuilt music app.

Comments

• d123
    d123 Posts: 8,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    This is what google said.
    Sync music to your Apple Watch
    Set your Apple Watch on its charger and make sure that the device is charging.
    On your iPhone, go to Settings > Bluetooth. Make sure that Bluetooth is turned on.
    On your iPhone, open the Apple Watch app, then tap the My Watch tab.
    Tap Music > Add Add Music.
    Choose the music that you want to sync.
    Under the Automatically Add section, you can turn playlists off or on. Music that's in heavy rotation is automatically added to your Apple Watch. And if you're an Apple Music subscriber, personalized mixes are automatically added to Apple Watch.
    If you can't add specific albums or playlists, try downloading them to your iPhone before you sync with your watch. You can't add audiobooks to your watch.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204691#watch
    ====
  • Carnmore
    Carnmore Posts: 137 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    d123 wrote: »

That's for subscription apps such as Apple music et al, which I said I don't use, hence my question re Documents
  • d123
    Options
    Carnmore wrote: »
    That's for subscription apps such as Apple music et al, which I said I don't use, hence my question re Documents

Maybe go and read the page properly.

If you're not an Apple Music subscriber, you can enjoy some music on your Apple Watch. Learn how to add albums and playlists to your watch.
    ====
  • Carnmore
    Carnmore Posts: 137 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    d123 wrote: »
    Maybe go and read the page properly.

If you're not an Apple Music subscriber, you can enjoy some music on your Apple Watch. Learn how to add albums and playlists to your watch.

I've tried this but it doesn't work - I typed in 'Documents' 'Readdle' and the title of the captured YouTube video but nothing came up.

Any other ideas?
  • d123
    Options
    Carnmore wrote: »
    I've tried this but it doesn't work - I typed in 'Documents' 'Readdle' and the title of the captured YouTube video but nothing came up.

Any other ideas?

Still the same idea, which is FOLLOW the Apple instructions. There’s nothing about Readdle in the Apple instructions.

It’s really simple to do.
    Set your Apple Watch on its charger and make sure that the device is charging.

On your iPhone, go to Settings > Bluetooth. Make sure that Bluetooth is turned on.

On your iPhone, open the Apple Watch app, then tap the My Watch tab.

Tap Music > Add Add Music.

Choose the music that you want to sync.

ios12-watchos5-iphone-x-watch-mywatch-music-crop.jpg

It’s really that simple. But as you’re fixated on Readdle are complicating matters, put the music into Music on the iPhone and then follow the instructions...
    ====
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport