Pre-existing medical conditions definition

Options
Each insurance company seems to have its own idea as to what pre-existing means. This can vary between "have you ever been diagnosed with" a certain condition to "have you been diagnosed with" a certain condition within the last 2 years or even 12 months. For those companies that require the former declaration, it seems I'm being disadvantaged if my condition is now stable, so.......
Can anyone suggest a company that, in their conditions, only needs declaration for conditions diagnosed within the last 2 years?

Comments

• mgdavid
    mgdavid Posts: 6,705 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    njb55rtd wrote: »
    Each insurance company seems to have its own idea as to what pre-existing means. This can vary between "have you ever been diagnosed with" a certain condition to "have you been diagnosed with" a certain condition within the last 2 years or even 12 months. For those companies that require the former declaration, it seems I'm being disadvantaged if my condition is now stable, so.......
    Can anyone suggest a company that, in their conditions, only needs declaration for conditions diagnosed within the last 2 years?

Surely your first two sentences mean you must already know the answer to your question?
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure