Thinking of doing a DRO. HELP NEEDED!

Options

Comments

• Sausage79
    Sausage79 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    They have given me a form to fill out to take with me for my appointment, there are somethings which are only paid for a few times a year. Do you work this out based over the year and divide it by 12?

Thank you
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,499 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    It will vary locally. We are being affected by all the forthcoming bank holidays and still haven't caught up after a significant increase in demand in January - we are out to about 6 weeks

Yes - to convert annual to monthly just divide by 12

to convert weekly to monthly multiply by 52 and divide by 12
  • Sausage79
    Options
    Thank you

Hoping it’s not going to take too long till they contact me. It took enough for me to just walk into the building! I will complete the expenses forms tonight and see how I get on.
  • Sausage79
    Options
    Good morning.

Hope everyone is well.

So Ive nearly completed my expenditures form. Just wondering if driving lessons are included anywhere? I currently do one every other week. £25 per lesson. Also I use sports clubs after school instead of childcare as it’s cheaper. I pay £20 per week in sports clubs after school (at the school) as it’s cheaper than out of school club. Do I class this as hobbies or childcare?

Thank you
  • fatbelly
    Options
    I think I'd struggle with the driving lessons mainly because there's the likelihood that they will not be needed through the next 12 months. How long before you take your test?

£20 per week to keep kids occupied - I'd probably put it under childcare but be prepared to explain if asked.

Are you struggling to get under the £50?

Can I ask how much you are putting for food and housekeeping and how many children you have?
  • Sausage79
    Options
    I’d say a few months off. I don’t really have the facility to have regular lessons so just every now and then.

I’d say I’m just under the £50 mark.

I have 2 children. 2 and 9.

Food and house keeping I have put 480 per month.
  • fatbelly
    Options
    Sausage79 wrote: »
    I’d say a few months off. I don’t really have the facility to have regular lessons so just every now and then.

I’d say I’m just under the £50 mark.

I have 2 children. 2 and 9.

Food and house keeping I have put 480 per month.

You could increase that figure comfortably by £50.

The standard financial statement has guideline figures and you would still be within them.

You could maybe consider delaying your DRO until the driving lessons and test were finished but you need to keep one eye on yur debt total as 20k is the maximum.
  • Sausage79
    Options
    Just wanted to keep people updated with my situation.

So I submitted my DRO yesterday. Received a call from CAB today reconfirming balances. Worried me a little but trying not to overthink things (im awfully good at that) I’m quite close to the limit but know my balances are correct.Been told I should hear back by tomorrow.
  • Sausage79
    Options
    My DRO was approved yesterday took 48 hours. I could not praise the CAB enough they were amazing. I was petrified to go for my first meeting but had no reason to be they couldn’t have been more helpful and because I was so close to the limit it was done there and then.
  • fatbelly
    Options
    Sausage79 wrote: »
    My DRO was approved yesterday took 48 hours. I could not praise the CAB enough they were amazing. I was petrified to go for my first meeting but had no reason to be they couldn’t have been more helpful and because I was so close to the limit it was done there and then.

Well done, sausage.

You clearly have a very good local CAB and I'd be interested to know where that was (perhaps pm me if you don't want to go public with that info).

'Doing it there and then' is, in my opinion, the right thing to do if all the components are in place and if you are near the limit. But it is frowned upon by those who review us.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure