Problems with Green Star Energy

Options
I moved house in July and arranged to switch my electricity supply to Green Star Energy. I am now stuck as both energy companies are waiting for the other to send information and nothing is happening. This has been going on since 5th September.
GB Energy (the previous supplier) are waiting on an 'agreed meter read' from Green Star. I have phoned Green Star every week to try and chase them up but keep getting fobbed off. I have sent a formal complaint but still nothing.
Any ideas what I can do next???

Comments

• footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 9 October 2017 at 5:22PM
    Options
    I moved house in July and arranged to switch my electricity supply to Green Star Energy. I am now stuck as both energy companies are waiting for the other to send information and nothing is happening. This has been going on since 5th September.
    GB Energy (the previous supplier) are waiting on an 'agreed meter read' from Green Star. I have phoned Green Star every week to try and chase them up but keep getting fobbed off. I have sent a formal complaint but still nothing.
    Any ideas what I can do next???

Follow their compliant procedure

https://www.mygreenstarenergy.com/Help-and-Support/Complaints-Copy

Hopefully you provided the supplier with your opening read, and they will bill you from that (or whatever reading is otherwise agreed)

I must say 1 month from switch, that patience is a virtue. Traditionally suppliers only billed once every 3 months (and perhaps a bit longer if you just switched to them)

If you are paying monthly by DD, keep paying.
    Otherwise keep enough money available to pay the bill when it eventually comes.

The old supplier has at least 6 weeks from them ceasing supplying you to send you a final bill.
  • Mikes_Saving
    Options
    I've been having problems with them. Switched in the summer and haven't been able to read the Gas Meter since. It would appear that between them Eon and Green Star have managed to confuse each other to the extent that the meter number set up to me isn't the one in my meter cupboard.
    I've had several phone calls with them recently. Whilst they're polite on the phone and I can get through, they're ineffectual. One member of staff told me that their central office dealing with switches is 'swamped' with work and the six weeks they're supposed to sort problems in may not be met.
    Today I've had emails telling me that I've switched to Eon again:eek:
    I can see tomorrow being a long day...

I know it's not the done thing to say it on this website, but switching truly is a pain the backside...
    [FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]The real measure of your wealth is how much you'd be worth if you lost all your money.
    [/FONT][FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]Anon[/FONT]
  • SharonCTS
    Options
    I had Green Star for a year and then switched with the energy club. However, I was in credit with Green Star to the tune of £266.33 and they don't seem to want to refund me this credit. They also took out an extra direct debit payment 15 days after I switched. Not sure I would recommend this company.
  • Beartricks
    Options
    Similar issue with Green Star in the past. Was told that I'd settled my bills, didn't owe anything etc. Three months after I switched I was billed for about £260 and was then told that whoever I had spoken to had made a mistake and that I still owed 3 months energy when I left.

To be fair, the bloke I dealt with after I'd left has been very good. He was sympathetic, offered me a fair payment plan etc, explained everything thoroughly. I'd consider going back to Green Star again if I didn't suspect that this guy's the exception to the rule.
  • SCROOGE
    SCROOGE Posts: 48 Forumite
    Options
    SharonCTS wrote: »
    I had Green Star for a year and then switched with the energy club. However, I was in credit with Green Star to the tune of £266.33 and they don't seem to want to refund me this credit. They also took out an extra direct debit payment 15 days after I switched. Not sure I would recommend this company.

An absolute disaster! We switched from Green Star to Bulb on 16 May 2018 and by the end of July still hadn't received our final bill, which was in credit, despite several phone calls. Their call centre in Cork was ill-informed, and kept telling me that they had not received the gas reading from Bulb. I finally had to threaten them with Ofgem - which got things moving rather quickly!
  • Wombat
    Wombat Posts: 957 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm having similar issues with Green Star. I switched to Igloo and the switchover was agreed for 27th. July.

Green Star say it can take 6 - 8 weeks to provide a final bill. Why????

In the meantime they are still taking payment out of my bank account in spite of me being £200+ in credit. They say that cancelling the Direct Debit before the final bill is issued may incur charges. So I am paying twice every month for the same gas and electricity until Green Star decide to issue their final bill.

Surely this can't be right?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport