two PPI questions .LLOYDS .question one

Options
asking two questions on behalf of parents, but i will put them on separate ppsts.
First one regarding PPI from lloyds loans in 1996. - we phoned up to check if there was PPI on these and was advised that there was. So we then filled in the forms and waited, only to be told that even though there was PPI there was no eveidence that it was mis sold there fore no refund payable. My mum took this loan out, it was just £500 . But she wouldnt have agreed to PPI as she was on a part time job and would have wanted to pay the minimum amount back - absolutlely wouldnt have agreed to PPI as if in the event of her not being able to pay, she would have been able to ask her father to help out. She has written to lloyds to appeal but they have replied that as far as they are concerned it wasnt mis sold and the matter is now closed.
There is no way to prove that she wouldt have agreed to this, do we have any more options? Theyve also said that because it was in 1998 it wont be covered by the ombudsman

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    joesab wrote: »
    Lloyds Loans in 1996.....
    There is no way to prove that she wouldt have agreed to this, do we have any more options? Theyve also said that because it was in 1998 it wont be covered by the ombudsman
    If this loan PPI was sold by Lloyds Bank, a sale from 1998 (or even 1996 as you also mention!) certainly does fall within the Ombudsman's scope.

However, your Mother's complaint is weak. It's a myth sponsored by Claim Companies that PPI was routinely added without the knowledge and permission of the customer. Her complaint is one for which she can provide no evidence and, in the absence of any other faults with the sale, the Bank have rejected it. Stating that she was able to rely on family members will not sway this either.

But you should certainly be able to refer the complaint to the Ombudsman..unless you have left some other relevant information out of your post.
  • joanne95
    joanne95 Posts: 497 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Refer to ombudsman. Lloyds rejected one of my complaints and I had similar circumstances. I referred my complaint to the ombudsman and they upheld my complaint.
    :AThanks to all those who post comps:A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport