Stolen car

Options
Bit of a long winded one, but I hope someone can offer some advice.
A couple of weeks ago my car was stolen, a week later it was found, CID were involved because of the level of violence that they've used the car for, armed robbery being just one, for a week some scumbags have terrorised the local area. They police advised me to change the front door locks, they've said that they think the car has been followed for some time so they're well aware of where I live.
The car and keys were seized by the CID and kept in a sercure lock up. Today the car was collected by the insurance company, it was sent off to a repair garage, but when it got there they refused to accept it because of the level of violence involved, so off it went to another secure location. I then got a call to say that because of the level of violence they were putting the car on something called beat the clock, they told me because of what's happened it wouldn't be safe for the car to return here so it would be going down as a total loss, an engineer would be looking at the car next week, ring me then discuss the options.
An hour later I get another call to say that the car is repairable, they've now sent it back to the garage that has refused to take it, suddenly the violence it's been involved in no longer concerns them, I've just been told that the engineer has said its repairable and the violence isn't their problem, the car has been transported from place to place all afternoon so how the engineer managed to look at it I don't know, they've also said that if I try to sell the car it will flag up that it has at one point been stolen, it may well say what's happened with it.
I'm just about freaking out here, I'm frightened to have the car here, these people have been running around threatening people with a machete, no ones been caught, I can't have the car here, one insurance agent admitted its not safe for it to be here, now all the sudden it's not their concern. I can't stop shaking and crying at the thought of it being back on my drive, I've no idea what I'm going to do?

Comments

• dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Is it a golf r by any chance
  • k3lvc
    k3lvc Posts: 4,174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Brickwall wrote: »
    Bit of a long winded one, but I hope someone can offer some advice.
    A couple of weeks ago my car was stolen, a week later it was found, CID were involved because of the level of violence that they've used the car for, armed robbery being just one, for a week some scumbags have terrorised the local area. They police advised me to change the front door locks, they've said that they think the car has been followed for some time so they're well aware of where I live.
    The car and keys were seized by the CID and kept in a sercure lock up. Today the car was collected by the insurance company, it was sent off to a repair garage, but when it got there they refused to accept it because of the level of violence involved, so off it went to another secure location. I then got a call to say that because of the level of violence they were putting the car on something called beat the clock, they told me because of what's happened it wouldn't be safe for the car to return here so it would be going down as a total loss, an engineer would be looking at the car next week, ring me then discuss the options.
    An hour later I get another call to say that the car is repairable, they've now sent it back to the garage that has refused to take it, suddenly the violence it's been involved in no longer concerns them, I've just been told that the engineer has said its repairable and the violence isn't their problem, the car has been transported from place to place all afternoon so how the engineer managed to look at it I don't know, they've also said that if I try to sell the car it will flag up that it has at one point been stolen, it may well say what's happened with it.
    I'm just about freaking out here, I'm frightened to have the car here, these people have been running around threatening people with a machete, no ones been caught, I can't have the car here, one insurance agent admitted its not safe for it to be here, now all the sudden it's not their concern. I can't stop shaking and crying at the thought of it being back on my drive, I've no idea what I'm going to do?

Maybe I'm missing something here but what's the level of violence got to do with whether the car can be repaired ? Are garages expecting the perpetrators to find it and try to torch it or is there just a bit of 'ketchup' on the seats ?
  • Ms_Chocaholic
    Ms_Chocaholic Posts: 12,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You could always change the plates.
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
    You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
  • Brickwall
    Brickwall Posts: 116 Forumite
    Options
    dacouch wrote: »
    Is it a golf r by any chance

No it's not a golf.
  • Brickwall
    Options
    k3lvc wrote: »
    Maybe I'm missing something here but what's the level of violence got to do with whether the car can be repaired ? Are garages expecting the perpetrators to find it and try to torch it or is there just a bit of 'ketchup' on the seats ?

Ketchup on the seats?
    One minute the insurance are saying it's not safe for the car to be here, the next they're saying tough luck.
  • Brickwall
    Options
    You could always change the plates.

It's got private plates on, I'm going to take them off as soon as I can. It's a very distinctive car, the police think this is why they've targeted it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure