PIP assesement appts

Options
Can PIP assessments be conducted on Saturdays. The individual concerned has received an appointment however they work Mon-Fri and getting time off will be an issue.
Don’t be a can’t, be a can.

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,964 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    ohreally wrote: »
    Can PIP assessments be conducted on Saturdays. The individual concerned has received an appointment however they work Mon-Fri and getting time off will be an issue.
    In some areas they do yes but not always. It depends on the backlog in that area. If no appointments are available they will have no option but to get time off. Remember you can only cancel an appointment once.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 4,176 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Yup, I had an appointment for mine on a Sunday at 10am! In liverpool
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I would say that if they want the benefit then they should be prepared to take a day off work if needed, but as above some areas may have Saturday slots available
  • ohreally
    ohreally Posts: 7,525 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    They are fairly well paid and to take a day off would mean unpaid leave. The assessment centres should run to meet the needs of the individuals called for assessment especially those in work who will stand to take an unnecessary hit to day rate.
    Don’t be a can’t, be a can.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    One day off seems like a small sacrifice to make if you go on to be successful at assessment and receive the benefit to enable you to meet the additional needs your health issues / disability brings you.

Depending on the time and location you may only need half a day.

Could you arrange to do the hours additionally at another time to stop losing the days pay?

Just a few thoughts and suggestions.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport