TSB Account Review!

Options
Opened a easy saver with TSB and had a current account with them since 2013, Today they decided to close because of some account review.... Does this review have any effect on any other banks or what? Not quite sure why they closed as they didn't tell me.

So I closed my current account, Useless idiots.

Really annoyed me, They can't do very much over the phone these days.

Comments

• Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Sorry, I don't understand your post. They decided to close what exactly? Your branch? Your account?
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • paragon909
    paragon909 Posts: 1,498 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry, I don't understand your post. They decided to close what exactly? Your branch? Your account?

I opened an Easy Saver account online. 2 days later they done an account review and closed. I'm wonder will this account review affect my other banks with santander and nationwide. And for good measures I decided to close my current account because they annoyed me as it is!
  • TheShape
    TheShape Posts: 1,780 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    paragon909 wrote: »
    Opened a easy saver with TSB and had a current account with them since 2013, Today they decided to close because of some account review.... Does this review have any effect on any other banks or what? Not quite sure why they closed as they didn't tell me.

Did you ask why they closed it?

Is there a good reason for closing your current account or were you just throwing your toys out of the pram?
  • Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 16 August 2018 at 6:05PM
    Options
    I opened an Easy Saver account online. 2 days later they done an account review and closed
    Maybe you made a mistake in your account application? Maybe the information you provided was inconsistent with both the data they had from you previously, and the data held in your credit file?
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • paragon909
    Options
    TheShape wrote: »

Is there a good reason for closing your current account or were you just throwing your toys out of the pram?

Well banks don't discuss these type of actions, They just do it. No it was done by the account review department who closed it.
    Maybe you made a mistake in your account application? Maybe the information you provided was inconsistent with both the data they had from you previously, and the data held in your credit file?

Wasn't any application to do, Was a matter of clicking 2 buttons and it was open. They used all my previous information automatically which is what my current account used.
  • TheShape
    TheShape Posts: 1,780 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

Originally posted by TheShape
    Well banks don't discuss these type of actions, They just do it. No it was done by the account review department who closed it.

So you didn't ask!

You said that you closed your current account!?
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

You'll get a letter. Post a pic when you do. Then we can comment.

TSB's application team has probably been sat twiddling their thumbs for the last 4 months. Now they've finally got something to do!
  • paragon909
    Options
    All i wanted to know was with TSB doing an account review, Does it have any affect or impact with any other banks. It's relating to a new account I just opened then they closed by review?

Yes I closed my TSB current account in rage, But that's neither here nor there.

Does anyone know if the review effects any other banks?

And of course I asked why they closed, Met with we can't discuss the account or no more information.
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,461 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    What attracted you to TSB's Easy Saver? The stunning 0.6% interest it offers for the first twelve months? :rotfl:

It's not clear from you post whether they've closed your current account too. If they have, it will be reported as 'settled' to the CRAs.
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,461 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Does anyone know if the review effects any other banks?

Probably not, unless fraud is involved.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport