Sports team insurance

Options
2»

Comments

• marcarm
    marcarm Posts: 1,205 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    So the doc I got from the Chairman says we have Superior 120 Extra cover, the 120 refers to the monthly temporary total disablement benefit, which ranges from 0 to 600.

Also in this document it states that we have upgraded the broken bone cover to 375.

So I am kind of assuming that it is an oversight from the insurers and they have missed that we have the extra cover. I have drafted a response to them that I am going to send, listing what I believe the claim should be and invite them to pay it or to dispute it. My claim I have worked out is worth £1275 so a lot more than the £650 they first offered.

I didn't think a claim like this would be lowballed, I understand it in car insurance claims etc, but this is set out in black and white what they pay out so it has come as a surprise, I haven't had to deal with insurance much thankfully.
  • silverwhistle
    Options
    marcarm wrote: »
    Unfortunately it was due to falling awkwardly, twisted my leg as I went up to catch the ball and my tib/fib broke in 4 places, no one was near me at the time, and if truth be told it was in the warm up! Still managed to catch the ball though!

I can't offer any practical help but as an occasional goalkeeper for my women's side I can offer sympathy and understanding, and once sprained my wrist badly in the warm up. Played on in pain and afterwards drove a couple of miles in second gear as it was too painful to change gear! Last game we played the keeper popped her shoulder and then had to wait over an hour and a half on the ground waiting for an ambulance.. You are not alone..

As a more general comment to amateur footballers, the level of insurance at our level is pretty low. I retired early so haven't that worry, but I'd suggest organising one's own loss-of-earnings cover if necessary.
  • marcarm
    marcarm Posts: 1,205 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I can't offer any practical help but as an occasional goalkeeper for my women's side I can offer sympathy and understanding, and once sprained my wrist badly in the warm up. Played on in pain and afterwards drove a couple of miles in second gear as it was too painful to change gear! Last game we played the keeper popped her shoulder and then had to wait over an hour and a half on the ground waiting for an ambulance.. You are not alone..

As a more general comment to amateur footballers, the level of insurance at our level is pretty low. I retired early so haven't that worry, but I'd suggest organising one's own loss-of-earnings cover if necessary.

I was laying on the ground for an hour with about 9 coats on me to keep me warm, they moved the game to another pitch and some people stayed with me. The hospital is less than a mile away from where we played!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure