Accounting Software

Options
Hi

Can anyone recommend a good accounting software for part time self employed business. I dont earn a great deal from the business so looking for something that is free or one off payment, also to comply with new HMRC digital tax when it comes in.

To give you more of an idea what my situation is, I work full time but I also run my part time sports photography business. The only reason I registered the actual business was when people started to enquire how much it was to buy my photos. I then got myself fully registered (mainly to keep the tax man at bay :-) ).

I've been running the business for 6 years and I have been using a spreadsheet to keep track of all of my outgoings and incomings. Now that I know the HMRC is going to bring in digital tax (at some point) I want to make sure I am ready for it.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Quickbooks
  • jaybeetoo
    jaybeetoo Posts: 1,337 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If you’re not doing much business a spreadsheet should be fine. There is free software available for Excel that supports MTD.
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    https://www.adminsoftware.biz/ might be of interest.
  • Murmansk
    Murmansk Posts: 929 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm self employed and use Quickbooks Self Employed - it's not really doing anything very clever that you couldn't do yourself thought, but I like it.
  • icebergx
    icebergx Posts: 688 Forumite
    Options
    Ive been looking into this recently and decided to go with Xero. The general consensus is that it's easier to use and more intuitive than QuickBooks and other similar programmes. I'd rather focus on the business and wanted something simple that 'just worked' and integrated well into my workflow and apps so Xero was the one for me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure