Budgeting and Banking Software?

Options
Hi MSE friends! Do any of you use software for budgeting and bank account tracking? If so, what would you recommend that works well for you?

I’m mobility disabled and therefore live off of benefits. I’m struggling to stay within my means and have been spending more than I receive lately. I used to be very good at paper budgeting in the past.

Ideally, I’d like to use an app on my tablet (Apple IOS). I don’t mind if I need 2 separate apps - one for budgeting, the other banking, but would prefer if it did both so I can manually edit in purchases and it removes from my balance, if that makes sense? I quickly lose track of paper budgeting.

Thanks in advance.
-Lisa.

Comments

• Zero_Sum
    Zero_Sum Posts: 1,567 Forumite
    Options
    MS Money for me
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yes the exact subject has been covered.

YNAB mentioned here

Some others here and here
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Not having Windows (or do you?) limits your choice of apps. Yolt has an iOS version but last time I looked they only support it for the iPhone. Whilst their app runs on other iOS devices, you could encounter lots of problems on unsupported devices. Other than that, I think it looks a good, free, app for your purposes,
  • FunkyCrunky
    Options
    Zero_Sum wrote: »
    MS Money for me
    Thank you. I had a quick look, but I can’t use this as I don’t use Windows.
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    Yes the exact subject has been covered.

YNAB mentioned here

Some others here and here
    Thank you. Yes, I did a search before posting, but as I said in my original post, I’d like something that links to my accounts as I quickly lose track when I have to manually edit in transactions.

I did download YNAB, but it won’t find or link to my Lloyd’s account.
    colsten wrote: »
    Not having Windows (or do you?) limits your choice of apps. Yolt has an iOS version but last time I looked they only support it for the iPhone. Whilst their app runs on other iOS devices, you could encounter lots of problems on unsupported devices. Other than that, I think it looks a good, free, app for your purposes,
    Thank you. No, I don’t have any Windows computers. I did download Yolt and it does seem to be perfect for what I’m looking for, and it does support iPad too (I just have to enlarge the screen at the moment).
    -Lisa.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thank you. No, I don’t have any Windows computers. I did download Yolt and it does seem to be perfect for what I’m looking for, and it does support iPad too (I just have to enlarge the screen at the moment).
    Have you had confirmation from Yolt that they support iPad? I know the app runs on an iPad - and you can lose all your data on an unsupported device when they provide an upgrade.....don't say you have not been warned.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure