The Body Shop At Home (Hints and tips)

Options

Comments

• hezza86
    hezza86 Posts: 175 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You can earn good money from the body shop but i wont lie, been doing it for 2 years and it takes effort.
    My manager has given up her full time job to do the body shop full time as she is now bringing in more than what she was before, and she has worked hard for it.

I make do during the year, i make a killing at christmas, i did £3000 sales in november alone last year, so made 25% commission on that then i got a bonus from my manager for hitting £3000 sales, that was an extra £100.

And Danm we have alot of consultants who start for the same reason your wife is looking, because its flexible and they can be with there children all day and then go and do a party for a few hours at night, most women in my team have started that way (not wanting to return to work after maternity holiday)

And gill37, no credit check for joining. you pay your fee to start, which buys your kit then its up to you how much money you earn. we do ask you to do a set number of parties in the first 4 weeks but this is mainly to get you up and running and you will recover your costs that you paid out for the kit.

and last but not least mon1o how did your first party go?

sorry for huge reply, havnt been on for a few days so just catching up! lol :rotfl:
  • mon1o
    mon1o Posts: 749 Forumite
    Options
    well, i was told by my hostess that there would be 8 people attending. I was due to arrive at 7pm and at 630pm she called me to say there were just 2 going. I went anyway and ended up with £62 worth of orders plus i had some orders from family which i added to that party (mainly to save on delivery lol) and that was an extra £28.50 so total sales were £90.50 (inc august pwp).

I managed to get another 2 parties booked (one of them is with the same hostess who said she is confident more people will come) plus i think i may have my first recruit!!

My next party is on Friday so hopefully it will be a better one, although for 2 people attending i thought £62 was ok. Obviously i would have liked more but im saving my commission up to book a holiday at the end of the year so every little helps lol.

Monica x
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    For anyone who wants business cards, I get mine from Vistaprint, there always free, just pay postage, think its about £3.00 get 250 cards and you design exactly what you want on them, depending on how quick you want there are dearwer options. I use mine in my ebay parcels.
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • hezza86
    Options
    At least you got some orders put through, which is the main thing.
    Iv had it happen to me aswell so dont worry.
    And good for you getting your first recruit, it took me over a year to get my first recruit. Im slowly building my team, although it is hard work.

I get my buisness cards from vista print, and as you said they are fab value for money, i have them with my body shop on them, but im also trained in some beauty things, like waxing and nails so i use the one card for everything.

Hope your next party is better mon1o.

H x
  • gill37
    gill37 Posts: 115 Forumite
    Options
    I am interested in doing this but doubt very much i can get 6 parties organised. I don't know that many people! I noticed that mon1o had one party herself which is very clever. I take it your area manager isn't bothered or doesn't check? If that is the case, couldn't i just arranged to have 3 parties myself and 3 with friends............yeah i know that is really cheating but i think i can only get 3 groups of people to have parties at the moment.

any advice?

gill
    :j
  • hezza86
    Options
    Hey gill37,

to be honest, i struggled to get parties when i started too, and there is no problem doing one yourself. The best bet is family first then friends. We have a system for getting parties and its called FRANC dont think im mad, honestly, to think of who you could ask always ask FRANC, F-Friends, R-Relations,A-Acquainences,N-neighbours,C-Collegues

Just make a list of everyone under each catagory and get on the phone, tell them your starting up as a body shop consultant and would they hold one of your first parties for you. You'd be surprised how many people would want to support you and help out. I even had a friends mum do one of my first parties. I would say only do 1 party for yourself, as it would just be the same people that came again.

What area are you in Gill?

Luv H x
  • gill37
    gill37 Posts: 115 Forumite
    Options
    hezza86 wrote: »
    Hey gill37,

to be honest, i struggled to get parties when i started too, and there is no problem doing one yourself. The best bet is family first then friends. We have a system for getting parties and its called FRANC dont think im mad, honestly, to think of who you could ask always ask FRANC, F-Friends, R-Relations,A-Acquainences,N-neighbours,C-Collegues

Just make a list of everyone under each catagory and get on the phone, tell them your starting up as a body shop consultant and would they hold one of your first parties for you. You'd be surprised how many people would want to support you and help out. I even had a friends mum do one of my first parties. I would say only do 1 party for yourself, as it would just be the same people that came again.

What area are you in Gill?

Luv H x

Hi H

Thanks for the advice. I will definitely try FRANC.

I live in East Lothian. Really feel tempted to give it a try. I already do Osborne books but only just started it and haven't done party plan yet.

Gill
    :j
  • mon1o
    Options
    Gill i managed to get 5 parties booked but just couldnt get the last one so i thought i would do it myself. My manager said every few months when the new catalogue comes out she has a party which she hosts herself and invites all her past hostesses. Not only does she get all the hostess rewards for herself but most (if not all)
    the hostesses who attend book a party so she knows she has party bookings coming up. She told me there is nothing wrong with having a party yourself and no one from head office will ever complain at you because its your own business and they dont tell you how to run it.

If you are having trouble i would certainly say to host one yourself think of all the freebies you'll get lol!

Monica x
  • cherrypie556
    Options
    Hi girls!

I started TBSAH last month and still on my sucess start. Really enjoying it and my manager is fab! Only had one party so far (my own) and got another 3 booked in for this month. Im always about if anyone wants any info on joining!
  • mon1o
    Options
    well, ive got my second party tonight (success start period ends 5th september) im loving it too. Tonights party is a late one though it doesnt start til half 8 because my hostess is going for a meal with her mates and then they are all coming back for a make me fabulous party. Ive got my packs ready for anyone who wants to book a party plus the gifts for my hostess and party game prize. Im hoping for a fab party tonight. Will let you all know how it goes later on.

Monica x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport