Convert unwanted Avios to cash?

Options
2»

Comments

• PeacefulWaters
    PeacefulWaters Posts: 8,495 Forumite
    Options
    Sleazy wrote: »
    Out of interest, how would I go about opening an Iberia Avios account? I already have a main Avios account and a BA one. Any info appreciated ...

Just go to Iberia.com and do it.

Wait 90 days. Transfer 1 Avios across to it. Then price up dares when you want to redeem. Transfers of Avios are instant.
  • guesswho2000
    guesswho2000 Posts: 1,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Uniform Washer
    Options
    Just go to Iberia.com and do it.

Wait 90 days. Transfer 1 Avios across to it. Then price up dares when you want to redeem. Transfers of Avios are instant.

Bear in mind an Iberia Avios account needs to have been open for 90 days and had at least one Avios credited to it before you can transfer to/from BAEC or Avios.com

I'd kill to easily earn more Avios...ok maybe not kill...but they're like gold for short haul flights, especially those abroad which cost a lot of $ (Qantas/LAN I'm looking at you!) and near impossible to earn in Australia (SPG aside).
  • hum_lovely
    hum_lovely Posts: 184 Forumite
    Options
    gardner1 wrote: »
    It has been known for people to sell login details to accounts on certain auction sites......I have tried it myself a few times 5 or 6 years ago with very good results

Thanks....just a bit concerned about what else is in the account that someone could access Ie my personal data etc. How did you mitigate this?
  • hum_lovely
    hum_lovely Posts: 184 Forumite
    Options
    I've got Lloyds Bank Duo Avios card so this must be a different product? Can only see the rewards of Avios, nothing else ��
  • Marchitiello
    Marchitiello Posts: 1,266 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    hum_lovely wrote: »
    I've got Lloyds Bank Duo Avios card so this must be a different product? Can only see the rewards of Avios, nothing else ��
    If you travel BA, you can open a BA Executive Club account and transfer the Avios across and redeem where more convenient (Avios site or BA site).
  • pambaily122
    Options
    I want to convert my avios points to money for charity. I can’t seem to find any postal ddress to go to. Can you help,, Pam.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure