I have a question about NEW bank notes?

Options
Hello

I do not know if this is the correct section or not but here goes.

I was wondering is there someway you could get email notifications when there is a NEW bank note (UK) to come out etc?

I have been to the website of Bank Of England and it is good cause they have a section where they list and describe the CURRENT bank notes and they also tell you if in the near future any bank note is about to be updated.

For example it says the £20 will be updated in 2020 (I think) and it will say the current £50 has a image of James Watt or whoever etc

I know I am worrying but that is just me - is there a website or service where I can join some mailing list and get emails when a NEW bank note is about to be released??

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• boo_star
    boo_star Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I doubt such a thing exists, the demand for it will be virtually non-existent.

It's all over the news whenever a new banknote is about to be released, and when an old one ceases to be legal tender. I don't think you're going to wake up one day and suddenly the BoE have released a new note without your knowledge.
  • 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    Options
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Why would you be worrying about this for ?
  • Murmansk
    Murmansk Posts: 929 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Are you worrying about banknotes being updated and so the older version no longer being valid?

If so, as I understand it, you can always take an old note to the Bank of England for it to be exchanged with no time limit.
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    dubnobass wrote: »
    I know I am worrying

What is it that you are worrying about?
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    This website usually keeps us updated of the date old notes go out of use
  • jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I wonder if the OP has a stash of notes at home and realises that money laundering rules now make it much more difficult for them to take them to a bank to exchange?
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,929 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Or maybe he saw that the numbers with early serials are worth more and so is hoping to get new notes asap to get low serial numbers.

Who knows, we can only guess :)
  • dubnobass
    Options
    I want to thank you for the constructive responses.

If some one can not think of anything polite or helpful to post and then maybe they should find something more productive to do with their time than being rude to people ie they need get a life!!

I think there are a lot of forums and websites that offer polite and helpful advice on various topics and I hope to find them.
  • mjdh1957
    mjdh1957 Posts: 657 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    dubnobass wrote: »
    I think there are a lot of forums and websites that offer polite and helpful advice on various topics and I hope to find them.

This is actually one of the politer and more helpful forums that I have found so you may end up being disappointed. There are a lot of forums out there that are far more abrasive. You might well find that online forums are not for you.
    Retired in 2015.
    Moved to Ireland September 2017
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family