Yorkshire Bank PPI Claim - Advice needed

Options
Hi all,

I had a Yorkshire Bank current account in the early to mid 1990's, I cannot remember the exact dates. During the time that I had this bank account, I know that I had a loan and a credit card too.

I completed a PPI Information Request on the Yorkshire Bank website and they sent me the following information:

Loan 1 (account number provided) - Unable to determine if PPI was held.

Loan 2 (account number provided) - Unable to determine if PPI was held.

Credit Card (card number provided) - Unable to determine if PPI was held.

Therefore, my question to this forum is whether I should apply for an SAR or whether I should just go through the standard internal complaints procedure?

Has anyone here received a similar response from Yorkshire Bank (i.e. Unable to determine)?

Any relevant advice would be welcome. Thanks.

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,379 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Therefore, my question to this forum is whether I should apply for an SAR or whether I should just go through the standard internal complaints procedure?

You only do a SAR if you dont believe they have checked fully.

If they dont know if you had PPI they will not be able to tell if you were missold something you and they dont know you had. So, a complaint would be futile as they have already told you they cant tell.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,830 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    They just mean they don't have any records that prove one way or the other. It's likely a SAR will be pointless but worth a try as it's now free - they will have checked most if not every archive they have dealing with the complaint.

There is little point complaining about being miss-sold PPI if you don't know if you even had it
  • sun73
    sun73 Posts: 498 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Camorra wrote: »
    Hi all,

I had a Yorkshire Bank current account in the early to mid 1990's, I cannot remember the exact dates. During the time that I had this bank account, I know that I had a loan and a credit card too.

I completed a PPI Information Request on the Yorkshire Bank website and they sent me the following information:

Loan 1 (account number provided) - Unable to determine if PPI was held.

Loan 2 (account number provided) - Unable to determine if PPI was held.

Credit Card (card number provided) - Unable to determine if PPI was held.

Has anyone here received a similar response from Yorkshire Bank (i.e. Unable to determine)?

Any relevant advice would be welcome. Thanks.

Do you have the Yorkshire bank account number? The PPI checker searches electronic records back to 1998, so for anything earlier you will need the account number.

You can try a SAR supplying all your previous addresses with postcodes, see if that produces anything useful, however they will not be able to search their archived microfiche records for statements that might show any direct debit payments to the loan without the account number.
  • Camorra
    Camorra Posts: 23 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks to all who replied.

In relation to the bank account number, yes I do have it (they supplied it).
  • sun73
    sun73 Posts: 498 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    That might help. Send a SAR. I got all transactional data from this bank going back to 1984. They can produce statements going back to 1999 before that its transaction lists from their microfiche.
  • Cazzarocks
    Options
    Hi, I have had the similar.
    I sent in a request a year ago with no luck. Then I received a letter saying they had found two loans. Account numbers unknown. One had ppi the other is indertermined.
    I put in a complaint butI don't really expect anything as I don't know how they will know how much I paid as they don't have account number!
    What was the outcome of your?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Cazzarocks wrote: »
    I received a letter saying they had found two loans. Account numbers unknown. One had ppi the other is undetermined.
    Old thread.
    The originator of the thread last logged in here during August so you are unlikely to get a reply.

However, the outcome of his enquiries can have no bearing on yours since the circumstances are not even similar.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure