PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• pollie67
    pollie67 Posts: 31 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Another lurker here, delurking to send best wishes to Monna and family xx
  • Litha
    Litha Posts: 58 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I just saw your post about your brother, Monna. Thinking of you all.
    Sending love to you, your brother and to your sister in law and the rest of the family.
    Linda x
    You never know how strong you are, until being strong is the only choice you have :heart:
  • pandamonium
    pandamonium Posts: 167 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sending love and thinking of you and your family Monna.

Panda x
  • melodramaticme
    Options
    Another lurker here, sending hugs and positive thoughts for Monna and family ((((hug))))

Savings goal £30,000 1% = £300.
    [/COLOR]
  • whiteguineapig
    whiteguineapig Posts: 1,365 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sending love to Monna, hoping you get good news todayxxx
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    I'm sorry to lower the tone and yes I know I always do... but for some mad reason my brain keeps seeing "delurking" as delousing and wondering why everybody has to de-louse before sending best wishes to monna.
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    monnagran wrote: »
    I wonder if you could give vibes, thoughts candles or prayers please for my lovely brother. He had a heart attack today and is in hospital. They have put a stent in one side but apparently his heart is in a bad state although there have been no indications of this.

It has knocked me completely sideways because we have always been very close. My lovely sister-in-law is being very calm but they are about to celebrate their golden wedding and a more devoted couple I've never met.

I don't think I'm making much sense, sorry.

Sending healing thoughts his way Monna
    Must use my stash up!
  • Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mardatha wrote: »
    I'm sorry to lower the tone and yes I know I always do... but for some mad reason my brain keeps seeing "delurking" as delousing and wondering why everybody has to de-louse before sending best wishes to monna.

It's probably best we do delouse first. After all, an infestation is the last thing we need on this thread. Who knows how ratty a dragon with fleas can get. We send Monna love and the next thing she loses her eyebrows when the dragon gets huffy.

Had dinner this evening with an in-law we'd never met before, hubby's never seen her in his entire life. She hasn't been here in over 40 years. One of those "Christmas card" relatives. A beautiful fascinating lady I wish we could have spent more time with. Made me resolve to spend more time with the relatives that are beautiful and fascinating, while we still can.
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Constantly delousing here, DD1s newest is infested and very generously sharing his infestation with all of us. It's usually me lowering the tone Mar.
    Monna, prayer is powerful and you are compassionate, hence the dragons name.
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Dilly the Dragon (aka Joy) says she's so terribly sorry for the eyebrow incident, it only happens when she gets the hiccups and that happens when she laughs a lot and it was the delousing debacle that set her off! she says she's fit to 'flee' the scene for a while if it happens too often but she's a jolly little soul and can't help it when it does xxx.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback