Egg card and loan

Options
Hi all
New to the forum after searching the Web with no results... I had an egg card and loan back around 2006. Whilst I don't have the account details I do have a letter saying I had paid my final loan payment and a bank receipt with some info on.

I know I had ppi on one of them as I remember cancelling it.

What i could do with help is with where do I write to now that egg has been taken over?

Also I've got married since then and changed my name... I assume that may complicate things?

Any advice would be great. Thanks

Comments

• RichardD1970
    RichardD1970 Posts: 3,795 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Try here, https://www.citibank.co.uk/personal/complaints-egg.do and use the PPI Checker Enquiry form.

About 2 weeks time you will get a letter saying whether you had PPI and the account number.

You then fill in, either on-line or printed out form, the PPI Questionnaire and see what happens.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,827 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all
    New to the forum after searching the Web with no results... I had an egg card and loan back around 2006. Whilst I don't have the account details I do have a letter saying I had paid my final loan payment and a bank receipt with some info on.

I know I had ppi on one of them as I remember cancelling it.

What i could do with help is with where do I write to now that egg has been taken over?

Also I've got married since then and changed my name... I assume that may complicate things?

Any advice would be great. Thanks

If you had PPI and cancelled it that will trigger the time bar on the complaint, as it was over 6 years from the package being taken out and 3 years since you cancelled then you may find the complaint rejected under these rules.
  • Pinkypo
    Pinkypo Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Hi guys, i was after some advice. I have had a couple of successful claims back, i knew i had ppi with them, so that made it easier to write my reasons for it being mis sold. However, i recently thought i would check if my egg loans had ppi, i thought i was clutching at straws, but it came back that i have had ppi on two loans. This is my problem, i remember doing it online and distinctively remember ticking or unticking (cant remember which way around it was) to say i didnt want ppi, so i was under the impression my loan didnt have it, but they have sent me the account numbers with the loans that have it. How do i approach the subject that it was mis sold? It clearly was because they must of added it regardless, but what do i write to prove my point?
    Any help would be greatfully appricated, i have goggled without any luck
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You provide any evidence you have. If you don't have evidence to support your point, just stick to the facts.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,827 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Pinkypo wrote: »
    Hi guys, i was after some advice. I have had a couple of successful claims back, i knew i had ppi with them, so that made it easier to write my reasons for it being mis sold. However, i recently thought i would check if my egg loans had ppi, i thought i was clutching at straws, but it came back that i have had ppi on two loans. This is my problem, i remember doing it online and distinctively remember ticking or unticking (cant remember which way around it was) to say i didnt want ppi, so i was under the impression my loan didnt have it, but they have sent me the account numbers with the loans that have it. How do i approach the subject that it was mis sold? It clearly was because they must of added it regardless, but what do i write to prove my point?
    Any help would be greatfully appricated, i have goggled without any luck

If you ticked a box to say you wanted it (as you could have done with an online application) then it was actually miss-bought, not miss-sold as no-one sold it to you.

If the PPI was opt-out - i.e. you untick the box to not have it or have to tick a box to say you don't want it, then it's generally taken as miss-sold but firms know whether this was ever in force and if so, the dates it was happening so it's difficult to say. Actively ticking the box to say you want it counts against you as you'd logically have complained about the PPI on the first statement it was on if you didn't want it.

You approach by listing your complaint reasons which need to be factual and honest - so saying it was added by them later against your wishes for example is not going to wash as that is fraud.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure