Music

Options
Have been looking for a good band to play at our wedding this September, have looked at a few websites (bandsforhire etc.) but not having much luck with availability/ cost.
Think indie festival- The White Sripes/KOL/White Stripes/Biffy Clyro/Hozier esc, on that note does anyone know any bands in the South that are good and not over £1500 for an evening set, or know where to look?
Im not really in the 'local' music scene and wouldn't know where to look, have posted on FB but no luck.

Comments

• pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,000 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    look at the local places that host live music and see if any appeal to you.. and go see them.. approach said band after or between sets and ask if they would play.. if they say no ask for their booking agents number and they will no doubt have someone who could help.

Put an ad on the local facebook community/selling/ what's on groups
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • savvy
    savvy Posts: 31,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    These guys have done a number of weddings before, play a lot of Indie/Alternative songs. All firemen so it is dependent on shifts if they could make your date or not, Snatch Rescue are based around the New Forest area if that's nearish to you.
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
  • Snatch rescue look perfect, thanks- have sent them an email!
  • Calluna
    Calluna Posts: 50 Forumite
    Options
    We just asked bands that we liked to play, but that might be a problem if you don't know the local scene. Our first choice ended up cancelling cos one of their members was getting married the same day as us :-) , the second choice would have cost too much to travel from London to Cornwall (our other second choice we decided was too 'punk and shouty' for our guests and luckily the third choice was perfect, local (although we'd first seen them in London) and we also had a DJ to play our curated list of songs. (could have probably done this with an ipod, but wanted to spread the love work wise) They weren't a covers or typical wedding band, just someone we love to listen to.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure