CC start date when applying online?

Options
hey all, basically applid for a virgin 9 months CC + free mp3 player last week, got a letter today saying got accepted. posted the letter off today. basically when does my credit card account start?

the day i got accepted.
day they recieve the letter back.
day they process it.

cheers

phil

btw, the free mp3 player is still going the web address is:

https://www.virgin.com/vmoctober8

Comments

• deemy2004
    deemy2004 Posts: 6,201 Forumite
    Options
    Read your terms and conditions !

Its written in black and white, and since I don't have them I wil happen a guess its from the date your application was approved. So maybe 7 days BEFORE you get the card.
  • Unbelievable_2
    Options
    Not sure about when it started but if you need to know when the 0% ends, when you look at you account online it gives the date when 0% BTs run out :D
  • Galstonian
    Galstonian Posts: 1,292 Forumite
    Options
    Actually this one where I know there is confusion in the terms and conditions for many cards. I suggest contacting the issuer and asking for confirmation (written) of when the offer expires if there is any confusion in the T&C
  • Tharweb
    Tharweb Posts: 1,193 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I applied for the Virgin 0% card on-line on 10 October. I received the approval form the following week and posted it back on 18 October. I have since set up on-line access to my account and it says my 0% period ends on 23 July, so I take it that my interest free period started on 24 October.
    This site has saved me a fortune :money: ...it's also cost me a fortune! :doh:
    © Tharweb 2006 :D
  • Milarky
    Milarky Posts: 6,356 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    When I got my Virgin Card [May 2003] the interest-free period ran out 6 months and 3 days after the first statement was raised - so I think you will have something similar - 9 clear statements.

On the final statement it was clearly stated where the 'esitmated interest' jumped up from '0.00' to '74.97' so signalling the iminent need to repay the balance.

Unbelievable is also correct that they post the expiry date on the account summary online [although that seems to disappear in the last 30 days if you haven't noted it down]. and you can always just ask.

On settlement, if you intended to repay [rather than balance transfer] the best method I find is online debit card - in which case make the final payment one working day before the last date they give 0%.
    .....under construction.... COVID is a [discontinued] scam
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport