good balance transfer

Options
can anyone recommend who i should transfer too for the longest amount of 0% for a balance transfer

its time i got into all this instead of paying endless interest all the time!
What goes around-comes around

Comments

• Rafter
    Rafter Posts: 3,850 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The longest BT offer at the date of this message is Barclaycard at about 11 months followed by MBNA cards including Virgin, Abbey, A&L at 9m. Both will charge you a 2% (£35/£50 Max) fee for making the transfer.

Capital 1 have also been doing an 18 month BT offer but by invitation only.

You may have better luck getting a good credit limit out of MBNA, Barclaycard seem to be a bit variable about how much they will give you.

If you don't want to pay a fee there are loads of 6 month offers without one around.

If you don't want to keep playing the 0% shuffle, you could transfer your debt to a loan or to Capital 1's no hassle card which has a low rate. Texaco are also doing a 3.9% until paid off balance transfer deal - just don't use the card for purchases!

Good luck.

R.
    Smile :), it makes people wonder what you have been up to.
  • robbies_gal
    robbies_gal Posts: 7,895 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    thanx rafter

i am already with mbna so cant reall use them and also barclaycard but i might try the capital one card
  • legin_2
    legin_2 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    MBNA are worth a phone call - they are always keen to keep your business, they can either offer you a NEW card (taking old credit amount or even incresaing), or give you a low rate on your current card (see other threads on this site on MBNA and existing user deals). I just got BOTH - current card at 1.9% BTs and the new card (now got THREE MBNA cards).

See also my thread on the new MBNA FAMILY Card - you could ask to switch to that at 9 months 0% plus other good stuff.
  • robbies_gal
    robbies_gal Posts: 7,895 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    thanx for that i didnt realise they would give you more or offer you deals

i'll give it a go
  • Gotabiscuit
    Options
    The Cap One card is now openly available. I think there's a link on the '18 months interest free with Capital One' thread.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure