PIP Tribunal - Help W/ Potential Questions?

Options
Okay, as the title indicates, I'm having to attend my 2nd PIP tribunal in just less than two weeks, my first one was adjourned because I had a panic attack before things even got underway. I'm on the Autism Spectrum (And have been diagnosed as such) and suffer from bad anxiety and depression made worse by situations like being out of my comfort zone or being the focus of others attentions, so the tribunal is hellish for me.

Now, the citizens advice bureau provided me an advocate, however she wont be attending on the day, and has even told me it's going to take her almost two weeks to go through my case and provide me with some of the help I need, which isn't that helpful.

When my anxieties running high, I have a hard time speaking or even organizing my thoughts, so being able to answer questions directed at me is a challenge, that's why I plan things out in advance and have a general idea of things I can say when in certain situations.

However, with the tribunal, I have no idea what sort of questions might be fired at me, and my advocate could take ages in providing me with an example list, so I wanted to know if anyone knew what sort of questions are usually asked at a PIP disability tribunal, so that I can use my time to prepare bullet points an speech notes to help me speak and answer their questions more clearly when I'm there.

tl;dr - I'd like to know what questions I might be asked at a PIP Tribunal.

Thanks for any support that can be provided.

Comments

• Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Posts: 5,950 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
  • JDaws
    JDaws Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    I thank you for replying, however that doesn't actually help me any, as I've both read it several times previously, and been through a partial PIP Tribunal.

I need to know a list of potential or actually asked questions so I can use what time I have to put into words, and bullet points, the answers to such questions. I can't easily form responses when on the spot and under stress.
  • JDaws
    Options
    So there's no general format or common list of questions they ask? How the hell is anyone with serious anxiety and issues talking supposed to prep themselves for a tribunal if there's not even a basic outline of what they could be asked?
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,963 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    JDaws wrote: »
    I
    I need to know a list of potential or actually asked questions so I can use what time I have to put into words, and bullet points, the answers to such questions. I can't easily form responses when on the spot and under stress.
    That's not possible for anyone here to tell you what questions will be asked. It will be based on how your condition affects you and we don't know this.
  • JDaws
    Options
    Penitent wrote: »
    By knowing what their conditions are, how they affect them, what they wrote in the form, what their evidence says, why they're appealing, etc. The Judges are trying to establish if you fit the PIP descriptors, so it would also help to know what the descriptors are, to understand about things like reliability, etc.

(If you don't know the descriptors, I like this overview as it has useful additional info down the bottom: Link-Removed)

I'm not belittling what you're asking (I also suffer from severe anxiety issues), but there's just no way for us to know what you'll be asked.

Much thanks Penitent, this actually is helpful, the info and the link explains a little of what it is they could be looking at, and gives me the ability to put together a series of notes and bullet points that could cover various things that may get asked. Least now I can have something prepared instead of going in empty-handed and blank-brained and get extra anxious, so my thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure