Default placed on credit report in error.

Options
Hi all

My partner and I opened a joint bank account in November 18 in our local branch.

When we opened the account, we asked for the tech pack to be added on for £10.50 a month. Neither of us could access the account online, and upon investigating with the bank, we discovered that something went wrong with the account opening, which resulted in the account needing to be closed down.

A month or so had gone by, and the account still had not been close down, and we noticed that they had taken £10.50 when the paper statement came. So we phoned and queried and explained everything, and they credited the £10.50 and told us the closure was being dealt with.

Fast forward 2 months, and we were in the same boat. They would take the £10.50, we would ring and get it refunded.....

As we couldn't pay money into the account, the monthly charge of £10.50 was being taken from the non-arranged overdraft.

Closing balance for December 18 was £-10.50.
Closing balance for January 19 was £0.
Closing balance for Feb 19 was £-10.50
1st March = £-21
14th March = Jersey Call Centre credited £21. Bringing balance to £0.
14th March – statement note stating “account closed – end balance £0”.

So as far as we were aware, everything was resolved. The account was closed and the end balance was £0.

Fast forward a month and the bank issue us both with a default. Neither of us received a letter that they were going to issue us with a default.

I have spoken with the bank via a complaint manager, and have been told that there is nothing I can do to get the default removed.

Any advice would be great!

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family