150 Nectar points available 3 times a day at Sainsbury's (min £1 purchase req.)

Options
1235»

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Both on Friday and Saturday, I saw customers and shop staff buying 1 or 2 items adding up to £1 or just over twice then do the rest on the bigger shop. Told my mum's friend to do this. Then she was worried about unable to use her 5x points voucher for spending £50. If she bought £52 of shopping in one transaction - she would have got 260 points. Whereas, doing it to my suggestion is 702 points. As first transaction 151 points, 2nd - 151 points and final transaction - 400 points. This based on first two transactions of £1 each and other one £50 with 5x points

To those that are bit worried of doing the transactions one after another - pay with two different cards or one card, two cash etc
  • Stylehutz
    Stylehutz Posts: 351 Forumite
    Options
    Not a problem paid for 3 items seperately with the self scan and used the same card. 450 bonus points added.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,589 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I was today refused my request to pay for 3 items in separate transactions at sainsburys local in long Eaton to get the bonus nectar points. Dont know if I misread the t&c and therefore if I'm entitled to lose my s**t over it. Walked out without the items. These offers are dangled in front of you like gold dust and we think they're great. I'll stick with tesco. Sainsburys can stick their offer.
    Stylehutz wrote: »
    Not a problem paid for 3 items separately with the self scan and used the same card. 450 bonus points added.

Strange that just this one poster had a problem. I'd be surprised if Sainsbury's staff had been told not to split purchases. Ironically there was a couple behind me in the queue that were splitting their shop but that was because they'd been buying for her mum as well so wanted a separate receipt. That's normal.
  • Stylehutz
    Stylehutz Posts: 351 Forumite
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    Strange that just this one poster had a problem. I'd be surprised if Sainsbury's staff had been told not to split purchases. Ironically there was a couple behind me in the queue that were splitting their shop but that was because they'd been buying for her mum as well so wanted a separate receipt. That's normal.

The person overlooking the self scanner was initially giving me a funny look as I had to replace my bag again. When explained was doing it to get more nectar points she was all for it!
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,589 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Full house of extra points done and enough wine in stock to last until next offer which could be August. And 2 fuel vouchers which I'll use in the next week or so.:D
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Done my 12 purchases over past four days. My balance on my Nectar card was just under £6 on Thursday. Now it’s almost £18. Though I had 5x coupon for £30 and 2 coupons adding to 330 points for buying certain things. One of them was anything from a list of five things- went for the cheapest and the other one was for some cooked meat which had a YS on it. Think only spent £60

The store I was at some of the cashiers were suggesting to do to buy an item for £1 or bit more for the first two transactions then the rest on another transaction
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure