Forum Home» Food Shopping & Groceries» Gone Off!

150 Nectar points available 3 times a day at Sainsbury's (min £1 purchase req.) - Page 2

New Post Advanced Search

150 Nectar points available 3 times a day at Sainsbury's (min £1 purchase req.)

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Gone Off!
46 replies 4.9K views

Replies

• VfM4meplseVfM4meplse
    34.3K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maman wrote: »
    Not sure if we're on the same lines but one positive of Sainsbury's is that their money off vouchers include wine :Dwhereas Tesco's don't.:(

I plan to take advantage but it would be wasteful on my time and fuel to go back and forth. I plan to make one visit and pay three times (at different checkouts if necessary) IYSWIM. I'll try to do that each day if I can.
    They also have 10p/L off fuel, which is not to be sneezed at.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • A._BadgerA._Badger Forumite
    5.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    They also have 10p/L off fuel, which is not to be sneezed at.

Typical Sainsbury's. Not having hard about this scheme (and that despite having a Nectar card - no email here, either) I filled my car at a Sainsbury's earlier this week.

Let me see.. a loaf of bread is £1.10, there there is cat food.... chocolate... shouldn't be hard to get my monetary revenge for them not warning me!
  • Gloria_SteethGloria_Steeth Forumite
    693 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Posts Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    A._Badger wrote: »
    Typical Sainsbury's. Not having hard about this scheme (and that despite having a Nectar card - no email here, either) I filled my car at a Sainsbury's earlier this week.

If it helps you feel any better - a Sainsbury's advert in today's newspaper states that you need to spend £60 or more in one transaction in store (excluding centrals and locals) or online by 28th May to get this 10p off per litre petrol voucher, which is then valid for 14 days.
  • A._BadgerA._Badger Forumite
    5.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    If it helps you feel any better - a Sainsbury's advert in today's newspaper states that you need to spend £60 or more in one transaction in store (excluding centrals and locals) or online by 28th May to get this 10p off per litre petrol voucher, which is then valid for 14 days.

To which I can only say fangs for letting me know.
  • BacmanBacman Forumite
    223 posts
    100 Posts Photogenic First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭
    We, and I for that matter seem to have read the Sainsburys offer wrongly. My advice above was therefore wrong. Apologies, however it did catch me out too!

I nearly got suckered, so i'm posting this so you can see what I mean.

I took the screenshot from the Sainsburys page including the T&C's.

In green it says "qualifying purchase" - fine.

In blue it shows the non-qualifying items - fine. This is what we understood from above. Ok so far...

In red - notice in fact the offer is ONLY for the 133 items they show right down at the bottom of the page - cakes and flowers. Not normal items.

So in other words, we could have easily been happily swiping away and buying extra items and in fact, no points rewards.
    6c3d139209.jpeg

• SystemSystem
    177.7K posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if we're on the same lines but one positive of Sainsbury's is that their money off vouchers include wine :Dwhereas Tesco's don't.:(

I plan to take advantage but it would be wasteful on my time and fuel to go back and forth. I plan to make one visit and pay three times (at different checkouts if necessary) IYSWIM. I'll try to do that each day if I can.

Tesco's vouchers are accepted on alcohol, as I have used them myself against beer and spirits!!!:beer::money: Though it says excludes alcohol on the back of the voucher, it works if you go through a self scan or scan n go till. Please do not go through a manned till as the little Hitlerites on the checkouts (who are miserable souls) refuse them. BTW I bought bottle of £6 wine and used £3 off £20 coupon today - used scan n go and it worked!:j

As to Sainsburys, none of the stores accept them on spirits or liquors. In Scotland stores, no alcohol at all. During the 25% off wine when buying 6 or more - which starts today (23rd May and finishes 2nd June). You can use the coupon in this manner. So if you want to buy 6 bottles of wine costing £6 each You are saving £9. So if you have a coupon for £4.50 off £30, you need to spend a minimum of £39 - the £30 plus the savings on the wine offer. If you have a coupon and want to get different wines with different prices, work out how much the If there is no 25% off before you get to the till. If you are struggling to buy £9 extra, I would recommend buying 2 bottles of Wollemi Chardonnay or Shiraz. Its under £5 a bottle and doesn't count towards the wine offer and its nice.

If there is no 25% wine offer, you can use the coupon against wine no problems.
  • mamanmaman Forumite
    22.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks ScarletMarble. I did once have wine with a voucher (before I read the Ts&Cs) but assumed that the cashier had made a mistake but hadn't tried since as I'm not a regular Tesco shopper. And thanks for the heads up on the Sainsbury's wine offer coming back. :D

I looked at the website Bacman and it does seem to suggest that you have to buy one of the 150 'birthday' products to get the extra points. I'm sure most people don't understand that and if you read the advice on this website under Nectar hack, I don't think Martin's minion does either. Ironically, one of the £1 items on the list is a can of G&T and yet spirits aren't supposed to be included!:D

The trouble is that if I want flowers or cakes I'm better off shopping in Aldi and saving myself £9 that way;).
  • SystemSystem
    177.7K posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks ScarletMarble. I did once have wine with a voucher (before I read the Ts&Cs) but assumed that the cashier had made a mistake but hadn't tried since as I'm not a regular Tesco shopper. And thanks for the heads up on the Sainsbury's wine offer coming back. :D

I looked at the website Bacman and it does seem to suggest that you have to buy one of the 150 'birthday' products to get the extra points. I'm sure most people don't understand that and if you read the advice on this website under Nectar hack, I don't think Martin's minion does either. Ironically, one of the £1 items on the list is a can of G&T and yet spirits aren't supposed to be included!:D

The trouble is that if I want flowers or cakes I'm better off shopping in Aldi and saving myself £9 that way;).

These cans of cocktails you can collect points on them, Its the neat stuff you can't!
  • mamanmaman Forumite
    22.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These cans of cocktails you can collect points on them, Its the neat stuff you can't!

Yes, but there is an irony there. :)
  • dlusmandlusman Forumite
    2.7K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bacman wrote: »
    In red - notice in fact the offer is ONLY for the 133 items they show right down at the bottom of the page - cakes and flowers. Not normal items.

Dont agree - the T&Cs make NO reference to what products are included , Only what is excluded . Why would they have a list of exclusions if you could only have one of the 133 products ?

It has also been in just about every newspaper describing it as it is described on the MSE site.