Royal Mail sent my parcel where??

Options
Hello all,
I sent a piece of artwork I made to South Korea. I even took a photo of the address I wrote on the box clearly says SOUTH KOREA, and to prove it the Royal Mail receipt says 'destination Koria (S)'

So today I check the tracking number and it says: 'Your item, posted on 15/02/18 with reference *** has been passed to the overseas postal service for delivery in BOLIVIA.'

Now unless it is somehow sent to Bolivia as part of transit to South Korea (which I highly doubt!) Royal Mail has made a major f***k up here and sent my parcel to a completely random destination!? If so how can I trust them with my business? I remember last time I tried to get a refund from them after they sent my package to the return address, and getting fobbed off as they said it was delivered... to the bloody return address! :( I did everything right and now I will have to make the artwork again as this is my fault for using this crappy service? Might have to send it fedex or something next time and charge the customer a higher postage fee.

Just wondering if anyone else has had Royal Mail send their packages to random places? What alternative postage company would you recommend?

Comments

• theonlywayisup
    Options
    It sounds like the parcel has been mis-sorted and sent there by mistake, in which case it will eventually be resorted and sent to the correct location.

The fact you only sent the item on 15th February means you have to give it more time to arrive at the correct destination.

FWIW I send lots to Austria and I would say 2 in 10 end up in or on their way to Australia first. They do find their way to Austria but it takes twice as long, I've not had a lost one yet.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Relax, has it actually landed in Bolivia?
    what do you think happens when the bolivians read the address?
    Same as happens with UK missorts.
    All it takes is one missort for an item to end up on the wring flight container.
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    custardy wrote: »
    Relax, has it actually landed in Bolivia?
    what do you think happens when the bolivians read the address?
    Same as happens with UK missorts.
    All it takes is one missort for an item to end up on the wring flight container.
    UK is one thing. An overseas postal service is another.

I was expecting a parcel from China, to arrive here in the UK, fully tracked through a joint Sinotrans-Royal Mail service for online sellers

Parcel left Shenzhen airport, arrived at Heathrow the next day. Cleared customs. Next track was "passed to the overseas postal service for delivery in France". A few days later, it arrived in Roissy (as confirmed on La Poste's website) and hasn't been tracked since. Royal Mail don't want to know, they just tell me to ask the sender to contact Sinotrans. La Poste said the same thing. Parcel hasn't been tracked since 16th January, maybe it is still in Roissy, maybe not?!
  • custardy
    Options
    glider3560 wrote: »
    UK is one thing. An overseas postal service is another.

I was expecting a parcel from China, to arrive here in the UK, fully tracked through a joint Sinotrans-Royal Mail service for online sellers

Parcel left Shenzhen airport, arrived at Heathrow the next day. Cleared customs. Next track was "passed to the overseas postal service for delivery in France". A few days later, it arrived in Roissy (as confirmed on La Poste's website) and hasn't been tracked since. Royal Mail don't want to know, they just tell me to ask the sender to contact Sinotrans. La Poste said the same thing. Parcel hasn't been tracked since 16th January, maybe it is still in Roissy, maybe not?!

Nope,UK is just the same. except you dont see the tracking. one missort and its on the wrong flight.
    Rm cant control La poste
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

Is RM employing people who can't read well enough to tell the difference between South Korea and Bolivia nowadays?
  • societys_child
    Options
    . . . I wrote on the box clearly says SOUTH KOREA, and to prove it the Royal Mail receipt says 'destination Koria (S)'
    Have you just miss-typed that, or is that what the RM receipt actually says?

Koria is in Finland.
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Are people posting detritus on forums?

That doesn't really seem to be an answer to my question (in fact, I have no idea what you're attempting to say).

But I'll rephrase it: if RM's sorting office employees can read well enough to tell the difference between South Korea and Bolivia how does a package destined for one end up sent to the other, apart from through gross incompetence?
  • stragglebod
    Options
    Once you post it, nobody reads the address label. It's the barcode that matters.

Possibly the label with the barcode has been slightly damaged or there was some detritus on it that caused the scan to misread and sent it in the wrong direction.

It'll all get sorted out soon enough.
  • theonlywayisup
    Options
    Once you post it, nobody reads the address label. It's the barcode that matters.

Mine don't have barcodes.
  • custardy
    Options
    agrinnall wrote: »
    That doesn't really seem to be an answer to my question (in fact, I have no idea what you're attempting to say).

But I'll rephrase it: if RM's sorting office employees can read well enough to tell the difference between South Korea and Bolivia how does a package destined for one end up sent to the other, apart from through gross incompetence?

Do you want me to explain the concept of human error whilst doing a repetitive process?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure