• Andy_Davies
    Andy_Davies Posts: 187 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    kewns wrote:
    hello i was wandering if anyone could give me some advice
    my girlfriend left me we have a 13 week old baby
    she has already contact the csa am just waiting for them to contact me
    i have sever debts which am trying to slove also trying to keep contact with my daughter but she is being very nasty and demanding i have here when she wants. am trying to be civil as possiable she knows i can not get legal asistance as i have been and i can not adfford at this present time
    as i am on a good income 16000 a year. but due to all these debts and regular outgoings am luckly if i have 40 pound left at the end of the month
    am really at my wits end i know now that i have got to get my life in order
    ive heard all different storyies about csa that they will take have your income and that they are nasty and am scared to be honest thats why am being so nice to try have some quailty time with my daughter and work full time
    my ex girlfriend is just being nasty i understand she going though problems but
    it was her decsision am at the point of walking away altogether
    i seem to be going on a bit too much
    i just dont know wot to anymore shoukld just wait til the csa come or just go to them myself

If the CSA are going to be involved you may as well get the ball rolling and get intouch with them (they're pretty crap at best so be prepared for a frustrating experience)

If you've only got one child they'll be after 15% of your income after tax and NI (this can be reduced depending on a number of things)

It's probably going talking to your local Citizens Advice Bureau about your debts and see what they suggest (there's also plenty of advice around here), other thing CAB will be able to advise you on is any benefits you're entitled too.

Don't forget if you're now living on your own you can get at 25% reduction in Council Tax.
  • swampduck
    swampduck Posts: 962 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The csa can be real bullies and they dont always get it right! My (now) ex partners income was taken into account when assessing the payment I would have to pay to my ex husband - which meant I had to pay more!!
    They take no account of how much my ex-husband now earns (after years of being me being the only wage earner!!) he has now re-married and they ignore his new partners income, plus all the benefits he is now claiming - he is rolling in it!!!
    The strain between my expartner and I became so horrific that it caused us to split up and Csa still tried to tell me I had to pay the increased payments.
    They argued that the amount I paid, would be the same, irrespective of my partners income but couldnt explain why my payments increased when they are supposed to ignore his income for my assessment. They said they were making sure that we had enough money for our living expenses and then penalised me for doing so. It seems to me that if you are honest and disclose all that they ask for - they hammer you for far more than if you told them a bunch of porkie pies!!! Give the bare minimum of information - and make them look for the information they want. Then you can sue them!!

Swampduck
    Expect the worst, hope for the best, and take what comes!!:o
  • kewns
    kewns Posts: 45 Forumite
    Options
    thanks for your advice i phone the cab today am going see them next week
    they say they be able to help me with my debts and give more information about the csa. i feel i bit more happy er now and ive phone my ex up and arange set times for acces with my daughter. and told her am here for isobel
    and am not getting involed with her problems any more

cheers
    ste
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills