Topcashback

Options
Please please please, take my advice, go and look at the Topcashback Questions and Answers thread before using TCB.....
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4519857&utm_source=MSE_FS&utm_medium=Email&utm_term=04-Jun-19

The thread is proof to how bad TCB are. Always a problem with high value Cashback claims for things like holidays and furniture or high priced Electrical’s funnily enough. Yet Quidco never seem to have the same problem (or other paid membership schemes)

My advice is AVOID TopCashBack

Comments

• mattyprice4004
    mattyprice4004 Posts: 7,492 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I’ve used TCB for many years, and never had a problem. :)
  • Frank99
    Frank99 Posts: 609 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I have also been a member for years because i could not stand that annoying £5 annual deduction thing with Quidco.
    Enjoy everyday like it's your last!
  • Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 9 June 2019 at 9:41AM
    Options
    In ten years, I've only ever had one tracking issue with them - which was eventually resolved with the help of the TCB rep on here.

Remember though, that people will only come onto MSE and post on that thread when they have a problem; the thousands - possibly millions - of successful transactions remain unmentioned.
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • Biscuit_Tin
    Biscuit_Tin Posts: 782 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    edited 9 June 2019 at 11:56AM
    Options
    stemcgoo wrote: »
    My advice is AVOID TopCashBack

Agreed. :)

I don't use them anymore due to repeated failing to pay cashback.
    - and they were not always high value either.
    They say the retailer says it was paid to someone else, but TCB never reveals who the retailer claims it was paid to.
    (why would the rfetaler pay someone else comission when I bought it through TCB? :huh:)

It came to a head with me after numereous failings then that 2 more were rejected in a row and a third was pending for over 12 months (depite lots of nudges) only for that one to be rejected too.

By that time I had already put TCB on notice.

I only ever use TCB now for the odd snap and save offer, but they are generally pants (unless you are a brand new customer).

I use Quidco and very rarely have any issues with them. On the one occassion there was an issue I can remember, the complaint was resolved by quidco paying me despite them saying the supplier had not paid them (and the supplier was then quickly removed from the quidco site)

There's generally no reason to use TCB. Almost all suppliers are listed on both TCB and quidco, and if TCB happen to offer higher cashback, it can be beaten by quidco suing their best cashback guarantee (which I have never had an issue with quidco honouring either)
  • Biscuit_Tin
    Biscuit_Tin Posts: 782 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    edited 9 June 2019 at 11:53AM
    Options
    Frank99 wrote: »
    I have also been a member for years because i could not stand that annoying £5 annual deduction thing with Quidco.

Never paid the Quidco fee; it's optional. :) You only pay for their 'Premium' membership.

I think they did try to deduct it was first introduced years ago, but got it refunded. Never had any issue since.

TCB also introduced a similar optional charge about the same time. I think they call it their 'Plus account' where they pay a fractionally higher cashback in return.
    Perhaps that's why TCB keep refusing me cashback, because I refused their annual fee option too.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,864 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    IMO they are both as bad as each other.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts