PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Friday 9 June 2017

Options
nmlc
nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 9 June 2017 at 6:24AM in Old style MoneySaving
O/S Daily Friday 9 June 2017

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Sun shining, wind eased off, dry underfoot and feels warmer. Load of washing ready to go out on the line.

DH up and gone to work stupid early, DS1 now getting ready for work and DS2 still in his pit, will wake him shortly.

Dinner last night was beef with mushrooms in gravy, mash, carrots, broc, cauli in cheese sauce, ice cream for those that wanted some. Not sure what tonight's dinner will be, something easy though.

I wasn't particularly productive yesterday, but did get some loads of washing done, but need to continue with that today. I will also do the ironing as i'm working tomorrow morning. I managed to get a docs appointment as I suspected it's a viral thing and so other than managing the pain there's nothing I can be given. Having said that yesterday I really didn't do much, so a very lazy day, although I made an effort with a nice dinner, and I feel so much better this morning, throat is not right but much better.

So today - I'll be heading to the SM first thing to do the food shopping, I have a nail appointment at lunchtime too, so a fairly busy day. I will try to get the hoover thrown round too.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,022 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

Thanks for starting us off nmlc.

It's still raining here, has been since this time yesterday so the washing is on the pulley once again. DW just been on again, it was on last night, I forgot and threw the dregs of my tea in before putting the cup in so it had to have another wash!

I had a nice chilled evening, talked to DD (who has taken redundancy and finishes up today) and DS2, he's back from Cuba and planning his next adventure.

Out tonight to a retirement do, I have been offered a lift there and back so all good, should be a good night.

Hope you're all well, anyone seen LW? Happy Friday! Take care. XX
  • TravellingAbuela
    TravellingAbuela Posts: 6,693 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning folks and thanks NMLC. CAMELOT wasn't LW going on holiday?

Yesterday didn't go to plan. Phone call from caravan site to say awning roof was gathering water and sagging badly. Shopping trip abandoned and emergency visit to Nidderdale. We were there all day, poles bent here, there and everywhere with the weight of water. A "neighbour" there had got a new awning and passed his old poles to us in the hope we could find them of use. We finally left at 5.00 hoping all is secure. Just got home in time to throw the Bolognese Bake in the oven ready for the girls arriving after swimming.

So today isn't going to plan now either. Once the 3 DGDs have been dispatched to school I must make a start on a bit of cleaning but will have to break off as I am meeting friends for lunch. That will have to be cut short sadly as the shopping that didn't get done yesterday is still to do.! So much for the leisurely lunch that was planned!!

Have a good day folks. (HUGS) to all in need xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

I think LW is either on holiday or preparing for it.

I'm staggering round in a fog of exhaustion, CHS is on lates and that mean I'm hanging around until 10 before we leave for home, but still up and out by 7am.

Someone is collecting the garden furniture Saturday, the new washing machine is ordered as is the boiler service.

Have a good day everyone.

Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Thank you for starting us off nmlc

I had a wonderful time yesterday catching up with a friend who I hadn’t seen for years. We talked for over two hours and had a great time. If I can I will go over to Ireland to see her next year.

The surveyor came and had a look at my bowing wall and says that he thinks it is ok, and that it is to do with the age of the building and materials used in the construction, so I’m pleased about that.

Hester It sounds like everything is coming together for you now, and I am guessing that it won’t be long before your tenants move in and your new life begins. It sounds really exciting.

Right, time for some tea and breakfast.

I hope that you all have a good day.
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone :wave:

We have had a few spots of rain this morning but it is forecast to brighten up later. I am up and dressed early today as I have shopping being delivered at 8am. I would like to go and have a nap afterwards as I will be fit for nothing otherwise. My friend is being dropped off while her husband goes shopping today but I am not sure what time that is happening. I really really hope she is a bit more calm today as she came to see me a couple of days ago and after she had gone I actually felt quite ill with stress.

DD14 has just asked me if she can stay home today again as she has had a bad night. She only managed to go into school on wednesday so it is a bit disappointing. I have a meeting at the school next Thursday to see where we go from here.

I am going to make a Hairy Dieters recipe for dinner. It is the fish with a chorizo crust. Very weight watcher friendly and I will cook some new potatoes and green beans to go with it.

I hope you all have a great day whatever you are up to, take care xx
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,067 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

I woke really early for the loo and then dropped into a really deep sleep with a vivid dream. A friend's wife is seriously ill after crashing her car following a stroke and it's been on my mind and obviously my sub-conscious too.

Plans for today include taking DM to dentist and then a bit of shopping before I'll head home. Mum is a bit unbalanced and using her walking stick, this happens in phases so I'm no too concerned. For being in her 90th year she's doing fine.

Camelot - what a shame for your daughter, or is for the better? I hope she finds something new soon.

TA - what a nightmare for you! Thank goodness for good neighbours.

Despite the bad language I really enjoyed the new Frankie Boyle show, I laughed out loud a few times. Not often I do that!

My day will start soon. Happy Friday to all and hugs to poorlies.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,652 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Bright and sunny here in EA but not meant to last so WM chugging away, hopefully it will line dry before the rain comes.
    DOH stayed up all night to watch market movement as the results came in so he will need to sleep at least part of the day, not sure what I will do. I did a food shop between Aldee and Sainsbobs yesterday and was pleased with what I spent, have started a list of what's good and what's not in each shop so that I can make informed choices depending on where I am. Sad I know but love a list :D
    Good news on your wall Holly
    Hugs to Hester and all that need one.

Have a good day all x
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

We had heavy rain again last night but it seems to have stopped for a while the sky is looking very grey though so we may get some more.

Work today day five of seven so im starting to feel tired now, hopefully the weekend will be quiet.

Still not washed my work t-shirts so must do that tonight or I will have nothing to wear tomorrow !

Right better dash have good days all xx
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all, a bright day though we had some quite heavy rain a little while back.
    Got up at 4.30, OH had only just come up as he'd been watching the election results. He always makes a heap of sandwiches for this event but can't have bee enjoying what he saw as lots left. I watched this morning, interesting.
    I need to finish a report this morning and then am off to see a friend.
    Have a good day!
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Morning :wave:

Stayed up to watch the results ...mostly anyway but did keep falling asleep. No comment on the result as I know its not welcome on here.

Nice dry day with a good amount of blue sky so washing on the books.

Had a really lovely day yesterday with my book club friends for lunch. They appeared with a mahoosive bunch of flowers for me which is just so kind they have already donated to the Stroke Association and just generally been there. One of the girls has a business making cakes and we seem to her guinea pigs now so she brought along some cup cakes for us to try that were just delicious.:j Food was lovely at the Indian we just ordered one of everything off the lunch menu and chucked them in the middle for everyone to dig in help themselves and even then there was loads left. I did predict a larger wine than food bill though and I was right :o 6.95 for the food and 20.00 total ....oops :o

Have some homework to do now though...I am currently one page into this months book and the meet is on Monday....I feel I have an excuse but I will have a go this weekend to get some way into it at least

Elona well done on to your daughter for passing her test its a major step to get over :T
    TA hope the van is going to be OK

Have a good day everyone :A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family